1997 2.7td Alarm Problems - monkeymick
Hi

I have an S reg Ford Maverick, 2.7td. In the past few days my alarm fob has stopped working, and when I unlock the car the alarm sounds until I turn the key in the ignition.

Is this easy to fix? I've replaced the batteries in the fob, but it hasnt made any difference.

Any advice would be appreciated, both by me and my neighbours, who I wake up at 5am every morning when I unlock the car!

Cheers

Mick

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 05/08/2008 at 11:13

1997 2.7td Ford Mverick Alarm Problems - Screwloose

The fob re-synchronizing procedure is complex on those; have a look in the handbook.
1997 2.7td Ford Mverick Alarm Problems - monkeymick
Ah..I didnt get the handbook when I bought the car!
I have managed to find this on the web, but its not for the maverick....Would it work, or is there a site that hosts the manual online?

According to Ford the procedure is as follows......

Remote Transmitter Programming (410040)

Note:
A maximum of four remote transmitters can be programmed to the generic electronic module (GEM). Programming must be carried out at the same time for all the remote transmitters.

Note:
Before attempting to enter programming mode, make sure that the vehicle battery is fully charged and that the anti-theft alarm system is not armed or triggered.

Note:
If the programming mode ends with no new remote transmitters programmed, remote transmitters originally programmed are retained by the GEM.

Note:
After the first remote transmitter has been successfully programmed all the previously stored remote transmitters will be erased.

Note:
The GEM will exit programming mode automatically if four remote transmitters have been programmed or if no new remote transmitter has been programmed within the 15 second programming mode.

1. Close all the vehicle doors.

2. Note:
Make sure the door lock cylinder is held in the unlock position for more than 0.5 seconds.

Insert the key into the driver door lock cylinder and turn the key from the rest position to the unlock position three times within five seconds.

3. The door lock light emitting diodes (LED)s will illuminate for 15 seconds during the remote transmitter programming mode, allowing the remote transmitter to be programmed.

4. Remove the key from the driver door lock cylinder and aim the remote transmitter at the interior rear view mirror.

5. Press and hold the LOCK button on the remote transmitter.

6. While holding the LOCK button down, press the UNLOCK button three times on the remote transmitter.

7. Release both buttons simultaneously.

8. Make sure the door lock LEDs flash five times, confirming that the remote transmitter has been programmed.

9. After a remote transmitter has been successfully programmed, the GEM will reset the programming mode, allowing a further 15 seconds to program the next remote transmitter.

10. To program additional remote transmitters, repeat steps 4 to 8.

11. Make sure that all the doors lock and unlock, confirming that the GEM is no longer in programming mode.

12. Test all the programmed remote transmitters, by activating and deactivating the locking and unlocking functions.
1997 2.7td Ford Mverick Alarm Problems - Screwloose

Worth a try; but that's a re-badged Nissan, so the Ford system may be very different.
Ok...

That didnt work, so I've removed a rear panel and disconnected the alarm sounder so the neighbours can sleep past 5am and me opening the car!

Where would I find the master 'box' for the alarm? I've looked in the engine bay, but cant find the damned thing. I have a round security type key that I've been assured is for manually resetting or switching the alarm off, but cant find where it will fit!

Cheers again

MM
1997 2.7td Ford Mverick Alarm Problems - Wolf_Wanderer
I own a p reg Maverick 2.7 TD LWB and I am having the same problem. If you want to lock the car without setting off the alarm when you come to re-open it you should push the drivers door interior lock into the lock position while the door is open as you are getting out before you shut the door the doors will then lock and the alarm will set but most importantly the alarm will not sound when you open the door with the key i.e. 5 o'clock in the morning.

P.S. I have recently paid £5 for a users manual for the car and it does not have the reprogramming procedure for the key fob in there so any help from anyone would be appreciated.