2000 2.0 HDI I am looking at buying a Picasso - 420 Turbo Diesel
Hi,I am thinking at buying a Citroen Picasso HDI.It will be about a 2000 model probaly with a 100,000 miles on the clock as that is what my budget will run to.I shall get one with a full service history.Are there any nasties I need to know about.Are they nice to live with,cheap to run etc?? Any comments will be appreciated.Thanks Andrew...
2000 2.0 HDI I am looking at buying a Picasso - oldtoffee
I was a happy owner of one of these for a couple of years and 40,000 miles. I found it very comfortable with lots of space especially in the rear with 3 proper seats that adults really appreciated. Young children liked the high seat position with great visibility out. The ride is excellent around town and very relaxing cruising on the motorway. They aren't that quick though and I found myself getting very low 40s mpg which was a disappointment as my previous very tired Mondeo 2.0 petrol would do high 30s on the same runs.

The concerns I'd have would be the same as with any other highish mileage diesel ie condition and service history and making sure I didn't pay a penny over the odds for the age/mileage/model. I'd be a bit nervous about a malfunction with something electronic or the fuel system as this could be expensive. Unless I had to have the MPV for space/functionality, with the diesel/petrol price differential being what it is I'd also probably find myself considering a petrol Mondeo for a grand less with arguably less financial risk (VED excepted) and a much better drive.

2000 2.0 HDI I am looking at buying a Picasso - Lucky 7

My dad is on his second petrol Picasso. No sports car of course, but light and undemanding to drive and the cabin is a airy and comfortable place for long journeys.

His first one (Y reg) was generally good, apart from the aircon failing (fixed under warranty). I'd check the computer carefully though, as gremlins were starting to appear just before he traded it in (reporting doors open when they weren't etc.)
He now has an 04 plate which has been 100% reliable so far - he's so pleased with it that he's decided to keep hold of it despite now being out of warranty!
2000 2.0 HDI I am looking at buying a Picasso - RichardW
I've just bought one... although ours is 2003. The HDi cambelt is due at 100k, so make sure it's been done, or the price is low to compensate. I didn't see that many early HDis when I was looking, so you might struggle a bit. 1.6 petrols are 10 a penny, but the 1.6 is going to struggle when loaded.
2000 2.0 HDI I am looking at buying a Picasso - Steve Pearce
I had a '51 2.0 HDi that did 120K in 4 years, nothing major happened, just a couple of door locks needed replacing. I then got a '05 1.6 HDi that is almost 3 years old and fast approaching 100K, again nothing major, I had the injectors replaced under warranty at around 60K.