After the car wash - the inside - Cymrogwyllt
following on from the car wash thread

How often and how do you do the inside of the car?

I keep a plastic bag in mine for rubbish but the rest is left 'as is' apart from the inside of the windscreen. I have been known to hoover the car once every three or four years though. It's a machine to do a job: get me from A to B reliably. When I part ex it it's the dealer's problem. Was once moaned at that it took most of a day to valet it. Tough. I've been buying cars from the same place for over 20 years so the know what to expect.

Edited by Pugugly on 01/08/2008 at 21:42

After the car wash - the inside - Pugugly
Same here - Hardly anything stays in the Skoda for long anyway. The "boot" gets a once over once a month to get rid of dog hairs. Ultimately the the car is self cleaning. Mrs P ( who has an autistic side) is comparatively messy in her, discarded car park stickers in door pockets etc. The Landie is full of crap.
After the car wash - the inside - Alby Back
My wife had a Mk 1 Panda for 4 years. As far as I know it was never cleaned inside. I decided to see how long she would leave it out of curiosity. This is, bear in mind the same girl who can spot a mote of dust at fifty paces in the house and nigh on wrestles half drunk coffee cups from your grasp in order to wash them.

;-)

I, however, can be fairly sure that my car has never been left more than 4 weeks without being cleaned out. Can't bear it.

Edited by Humph Backbridge on 01/08/2008 at 22:20

same here.
After the car wash - the inside - gmac
Car gets hoovered out monthly (two toddlers make that a necessity).
Glass gets a clean twice a year.
Seats get hoovered and leather feed quarterly.

This is in a car I get to drive about five times per year, when the MOT is due, when the road tax is due, when it needs a service, new tyres, interim oil change. Funnily enough all the above trips require a fill up too as the tank is more often than not near empty...Women drivers eh ! Discuss.

Edited by gmac on 01/08/2008 at 22:37

Women drivers eh ! Discuss.

good planning on their part
After the car wash - the inside - gmac
True...a tank of diesel is less than an au pair...I'll stop right there.
After the car wash - the inside - Alby Back
Tell you what though Cymruwiggything ( sorry I'm Scottish, cannie cope with the lack of vowels ! ) , what I am guilty of of is leaving the same 6 CDs in the multichanger for ages. I guess the last lot have been in there for over three years. I really quite like Paul Weller but I really should lob him out now I've got another car.

;-)
After the car wash - the inside - bathtub tom
My pet hate is the 'fog' you get on the inside of glass (all occupants are non-smokers), and the streak as a result of the others wiping their hands to clear the condensation off the screen. WHY CAN'T THEY USE DEMIST?

After the car wash - the inside - L'escargot
WHY CAN'T THEY USE DEMIST?

It's no good stamping your feet and asking us that question. The solution is in your hands ~ be assertive, educate them, point out the error of their ways, lay down the law.
Tell you what though Cymruwiggything ( sorry I'm Scottish cannie cope with the lack of
vowels ! )

only four vowels there in our language. we count a,e,i,o,u,w,y as vowels

what I am guilty of of is leaving the same 6 CDs
in the multichanger for ages.

sorted that one by putting 200 odd tracks on a single CD in mp3 format. now never have to change the CD and far less clutter
After the car wash - the inside - L'escargot
we count a e i o u w
y as vowels

When I was at (primary) school I was taught that only a e i o and u were vowels. I wasn't aware that this had since changed. ;-D
There's more than one language in the world with different grammar rules ! :-)
After the car wash - the inside - GroovyMucker
Garage does it come service time.

If there's a lot of leaves, or SWMBO has spent any significant time it it, then extra.

SWMBO has perfected her anti-speed camera camouflage by disguising her Corolla as a skip.

After the car wash - the inside - zookeeper
.*********