Liverpool Victoria ad - what car ? - Clanger
Bit embarrassing for someone who thinks they can identify most cars around, but here goes. Can anyone tell me what the red car is in the Liverpool Victoria TV ad, the one the runaway Volvo smashes into first ? Is it a real car or have the boffins retouched the image to create something else entirely ?

Liverpool Victoria ad - what car ? - Number_Cruncher
It's amazed me that no-one has mentioned it earlier - the add has been running for some time.

I haven't a clue about the car though. Part Triumph, part 1100/1300?

Liverpool Victoria ad - what car ? - Avant
Perhaps it's an Austin Victoria - a booted 1100 with a different radiator grille which was made and sold in Spain in the 60s / 70s?
Liverpool Victoria ad - what car ? - Victorbox
From memory, I thought it was a Triumph Toledo or maybe a lower spec Dolomite.
Liverpool Victoria ad - what car ? - Falkirk Bairn
Early 1960's there was a booted version of the BMC 1100/1300 made by Innocenti in Italy - from memory it was a booted 1100/1300 body.

The headlights and indicators at the front were covered by a 1-piece glass cover.
Liverpool Victoria ad - what car ? - Armitage Shanks {p}
Apart from that it is a B Awful advert! Stupid singing - Dum Dum a Dwee Dwee! What is that l about! Actually I have been insured with them for years - keen premiums and a good claims service. If I wasn't with them the advert wouldn't tempt me!
Liverpool Victoria ad - what car ? - davidh
Its an Austin Apache, and its sacrilege what they did to it. One reason for me not to use them. Well, maybe I will if their premiums are good......

Have found myself humming that dreadfull tune an'all!
Liverpool Victoria ad - what car ? - MikeTorque
I found the advert shocking and irresponsible. Driving along a road whilst crashing into a line of parked cars is not the way to sell any product let alone car insurance. LV take note, you've lost business and your "once good" reputation with this advert.
Liverpool Victoria ad - what car ? - billy25
>>Driving along a road whilst crashing into a line of parked cars <<

Err thats just the point! there was nobody driving! - car was a runaway. ;-)

Billy
Liverpool Victoria ad - what car ? - Pugugly
www.austinapache.co.uk/

Photos of the Apache here - never knew about it myself, named after a Native American tribe and built by ???
Liverpool Victoria ad - what car ? - henry k
Its an Austin Apache and its sacrilege what they did to it.

>>
www.austinapache.co.uk/
...says only 21685 were manufactured in South Africa and it is thought only 2 or 3 are ( were) in the UK
Liverpool Victoria ad - what car ? - davidh

>>and it is thought only 2 or
3 are ( were) in the UK

Has anyone else noticed that a lot of adverts purport to be in the uk but are so obviously filmed in sunnier climes? Must be to do with the guarantee of fair weather for filming. Doesnt look like the LV ad is filmed in the UK to me.
Liverpool Victoria ad - what car ? - Tornadorot
This ad has been discussed on AROnline: see

www.aronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1...6

As you can imagine, the BL afficionados aren't very impressed...
And here's the ad.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxD8f8jsFdE

Looks suspiciously like it was filmed in elsewhere than in UK.

Liverpool Victoria ad - what car ? - henry k
South Africa seems the obvious place due to the vehicle type.
One thing that looks odd is that AFAIK you must always park on the left and no crossing over to park on the other side without turning round.
Part way through vehicles are parked the wrong way but who kmows what happens on a filming shoot.
The number plate in the Volvo are obviously badly faked.
Liverpool Victoria ad - what car ? - billy25
according to "Google" twas filmed in Cape Town, S.Africa, so full marks to the sleuths that suggested it.

Billy
Liverpool Victoria ad - what car ? - Avant
Thanks for the photo - Apache = Victoria. Apache performance by the makers of the advert.