2004 1.8 Water in passenger footwell - ja9
I have found that there is quite a lot of water getting into the passenger footwell, probably not when driving but when parked in the rain. Has anyone any idea what could cause this and how to fix it?
2004 1.8 Water in passenger footwell - Dynamic Dave
Check the pollen filter cover is securely fixed on, and also any bulkhead drains holes aren't blocked by rotting leaves.
2004 1.8 Water in passenger footwell - ja9
Thanks Dave, will give it a check over, Ja9
2004 1.8 Water in passenger footwell - Dynamic Dave
If it helps, the pollen filter location is shown in the link below (that's of course providing it's an early 2004 Focus, and not a FocusII - which is inside the car)

www.puravent.co.uk/filters/dispfilter.pl?id=39

2004 1.8 Water in passenger footwell - AlastairW
The pollen filter assembly is notoriously hard to re-seal after a filter change. I understand the official Ford method involves silicone sealant and effectively gluing the lid closed - I havn't tried changing the filter since my leak was cured.
2004 1.8 Water in passenger footwell - mikej
It's very hard to remove the pollen filter/scuttle cover without breaking the top plastic securing clips or clip housings and they're not really replaceable once broken, so you either have to bodge it or buy a new cover.

I decided to buy a new cover rather than risk a leak and it was only £20-odd from Ford. The butyl sealing strip is another £2 or so and if the two are fitted correctly, they seal perfectly.

I'm sure I've read that if you're careful, it might be possible reach the pollen filter by undoing the other front clips and gently prising it apart, without the need to undo the other clips. You'd need to be extra careful though, as the seal might break even if the clips don't.