Europ assistance- breakdown cover - Huw
Anyone used these?

I am an RAC member but don't like the limit of 14 days alternative vehicle cover as that might expire with still a week of hols to go (if started 7 days before departure) so I am looking at Europ Assistance because they include £1,500 worth of hire car (Enough for about 6 weeks of Mondeo in France)
Europ assistance- breakdown cover - Johndabs
Yes - Huw. I was told about Europ Assistance first in 1988 when the cost of their combined personal and motoring cover was lass than the AA motoring cover alone. I have used them ever since.

About 5 years ago my son broke his arm in France. It took just one 'phone call to them after which they sprung into action like a real team of professionals and took all the stress away from the family.

I would definitely recommend them. John.
Europ assistance- breakdown cover - Bob the builder
Hmmmmm. They are certainly amongst the cheapest and we have been with them for continental cover, breakdown & health on an annual policy for the last 15 - 20 yrs. However, as with all insurance, you only find out how good it is when you have to claim.
Luckily (severe touch of wood) we have only had to claim once. That was when some bloke broke into my XR£i in the south of France and removed my wife's handbag whilst we were on the beach. I know, it's stupid, but it seemeds safer than leaving it under a sunbed. Anyway ALL our documents were in there : passports, credit cards, cash - you name it.
Now, Europ Assistance were great in helping get the knackered boot lid repaired BUT were no good at helping out with cash - I had 3f FF left in my pocket. The Europ A bloke on the phone actually said to me "Have you no relatives who can help" !!!
In the end, Barclaycard Europe came charging to the rescue with cash sent by taxi. So moral of the story ? If you need to claim, check out what they will deliver beforehand, We've stuck with them and just never leave all our eggs in one basket, so to speak.
Good luck.

Bt B
Remember - it's not how you vote that matters ...it's who does the counting.
Thanks for the feedback - 2 thumbs up for the motoring cover is encouraging. I already have 'other' insurance but thanks for the reminder to read the policy before trying to rely on cover I do not have. The 2 weeks car hire from the RAC starting 7 days before a 2 and a half week hol begs the question why they call it 'cover' if it leaves you potentialy paying for the last 10 days of car hire (assuming you do not want to pay your premium and abandon the hol or return the hire car 1/2 way through)
Europ assistance- breakdown cover - jc
For France only,Try RescueFrance.It's on the web.
Cheers

I'll have a look.