How to report a scam on Autotrader? - mike hannon
Can anyone tell me how to report an eBay-style scam to Autotrader? I can't find any link on the website.
I just couldn't resist emailing the guy advertising a Bentley Continental R for 14,250 sterling, using what I know is a picture stolen from someone else.
Got an email back, written in illiterate English, claiming the owner is a Royal Navy captain based in Spain, who bought the Conti cheap from the NAAFI and has to sell it quickly because his six months without re-registration has run out!
As usual, the car will be delivered to the UK and the money will be paid via a third party.
Except it won't.
Is it just impossible for websites to carry out any checks at all before they accept adverts?
Meanwhile (Lud) we are almost there...
How to report a scam on Autotrader? - massey
Report it to their Safety and Security Centre

0845 345 3450
How to report a scam on Autotrader? - oldnotbold
If I reported very Ebay/AT/email scam I received I'd be at it nearly full-time. I'd ignore it.
How to report a scam on Autotrader? - Chris S
Is it just impossible for websites to carry out any checks at all before they
accept adverts?

Yes - but then they'd loose the revenue.
How to report a scam on Autotrader? - jbif
I can't find any link on the website

"Contact us" www.autotrader.co.uk/common/mytrader/contact_us.jsp

www.autotrader.co.uk/safety_and_security/vehicle_e...p

Edited by jbif on 27/06/2008 at 13:28

www.autotrader.co.uk/safety_and_security/fraudulen...p

How to report a scam on Autotrader? - massey
Anybody who wants to deal with this chap deserves to lose their money!!

"The car is located in Madrid, Spain and so am I. I am a Captain (OF-5) in the Royal Navy. I bought this car from NAAFI at a very good price. I am deployed to Germany and I must sell the car in the next week. I tried to sell the car here but nobody wants a right hand drive, still UK registered vehicle. I had the car here with me for the last 6 months, it is in excellent condition, never been involved in an accident and it is HPI clear. This must be a very quick sale because I am leaving Spain to Germany in one week. As I stated before I bought this car from NAAFI at a very good price which I too reduced substantially for a quick sale. I also have to mention that you are allowed only 6 months to drive a car under a foreign license in Spain and that months have expired. I have the car at a local carriers ready for the delivery back to UK. I know that the distance is a major inconvenient and in order to have a quick and secure transaction I am proposing the payment to be held by a third party until the car is delivered. The car is a 1996 Bentley Continental with 45000 miles. The price I am asking is 14250 pounds. I apologize for listing the car as being located in the UK but I paid for the listing with my UK credit card and the registered address I have at the bank was automatically added to the listing.Thanks for the interest"

Edited by massey on 27/06/2008 at 14:17

How to report a scam on Autotrader? - oldnotbold
Bentley Continental on an RN Captain's pay - I doubt it!
Weeeeeeeeeell, he could... for the same reason as I am looking at mid-90s ones - an amazing and beautiful-looking car for the price of yet another boring new tuned-up Audi.
Come to think of it, the latest Continental is yet another boring tuned-up Audi!
Anyway, thanks for the info above that I missed on the site - I don't mind emailing if it stops just one scammer.
I don't mind emailing if it stops just one scammer

I have done so in the past. It has taken them a day or two to remove the advert. However, I gave up after I noticed that similar adverts abound all over their site for all kinds of high value cars.

How to report a scam on Autotrader? - PW
Just out of curiosity- take it it's the green one 45,000 mile one?
Yes, but the picture's nicked from eBay (for a change).
VW Touran Sport TDI 2008 SCAM - July 2013 - LucyMac

I can't find anywhere else to let people know about a SCAM that is happening to me right now...

Please don't enter into discussions about a VW Touran Sport TDI 2008 with Touran@brtsap.com / evelyn@brtsap. The listing was a SCAM with a low listing price (looked mis-typed at £325) to reel in interested parties. The listing noted £3,250 but even this is low.
Amazingly, the car is now in Scotland (well, it probs doesn't exist)
They will attempt to contact interested parties off-line and help you part with your cash.
Please don't.... it's a SCAM
16th July 2013.

EMail follows:

Hello, The vw touran is still for sale. Immaculate condition, no damages, nothing to worry about. All necessary documents available. My current location is Scotland due to my work commitments. If this is going to be a quick sale, I will let it go for £3,750 delivered at my costs. The deal will go strictly according to eBay Buyer Protection rules and policy. I am unable with phone so please use email as primary contact option. I dont use phone for internet deals. Thank you

Evelyn

VW Touran Sport TDI 2008 SCAM - July 2013 - Collos25

I can't find anywhere else to let people know about a SCAM that is happening to me right now...

Please don't enter into discussions about a VW Touran Sport TDI 2008 with Touran@brtsap.com / evelyn@brtsap. The listing was a SCAM with a low listing price (looked mis-typed at £325) to reel in interested parties. The listing noted £3,250 but even this is low.
Amazingly, the car is now in Scotland (well, it probs doesn't exist)
They will attempt to contact interested parties off-line and help you part with your cash.
Please don't.... it's a SCAM
16th July 2013.

EMail follows:

Hello, The vw touran is still for sale. Immaculate condition, no damages, nothing to worry about. All necessary documents available. My current location is Scotland due to my work commitments. If this is going to be a quick sale, I will let it go for £3,750 delivered at my costs. The deal will go strictly according to eBay Buyer Protection rules and policy. I am unable with phone so please use email as primary contact option. I dont use phone for internet deals. Thank you

Evelyn

Does not have phone but has internet what a scam

How to report a scam on Autotrader? - sickofscamsk

me and my husband have been looking for a new galaxy to buy then we noticed stuardunn@hotmail.co.uk advertising the perfect one in our price range then saying they have mooved to spain and they cant sell it over there coz its a right hand drive then saying i have to pay by google wallet they gave me some bank details for me to put the money in obvious scam they still actually think im buying there car