01 1.9 HDi anti pollution and smoke - metro
I've got a 2001 Xsara HDi, managment light is on and it says Anti Pollution fault, it's obvioulsy in limp mode, but it's also emmiting thick smoke ( black ) under attempted acceleration, other than being slower than a snail and a bit foggy behind, it managed it's return journey ( 45 miles ) cooling spot on, sounds ok ( bar on limp mode ), I've not had it read yet, just shoved it in the garage for that tomorrow project, but I was wondering what you thought and could it be the PF ?
01 1.9 HDi anti pollution and smoke - Screwloose

I've never seen a Xsara with a particle filter; so that's highly unlikely. Get the codes read and post exact fault-code numbers if possible. [The A/P warning message covers everything, so is useless.]

The symptoms fit a stuck-open EGR valve. HDis only use EGR at idle; so if it sticks...
01 1.9 HDi anti pollution and smoke - jimmywady
deleted.

1. Forum policies state that any attempt at bypassing the swearfilter can result in deletion of the post.
2. The whole post was written in CAPITAL letters (classed as shouting), and it's far easier to delete that it is to edit.

DD.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 19/06/2008 at 14:43

01 1.9 HDi anti pollution and smoke - bunniballs
Hi just found this post and i have a 2002 xsara 110 hdi with excatly the same problem and someone thought it could be the EGR valve sticking and that i should get it cleaned and also get it jammed open as they run a lot better this way. Is that what was weong with yours or does anybody know if this information is correct? Also is it an easy job to remove and clean myself ? I am not a total stranger to working on cars but have not done so for about 15 years and technology has changed so much. many thanks.