Now, what have I forgotten? - GroovyMucker
From Ultra Violet:

"Research just out reveals that more than three quarters (84 per cent) of female motorists drive whilst hungry. ... The top reason (given by 34 per cent of women) for not eating before getting behind the wheel, is that it slips their mind until their journey has started."

I'd better not say anything.

Now, what have I forgotten? - scrapmetal
The real reason is because it saves fuel, see other thread.
Now, what have I forgotten? - ifithelps
I wish I could forget to eat - and I object to the other thread.
Now, what have I forgotten? - gordonbennet
I wish I could forget to eat

Quite, i'm sure thats the only way i'm ever going to get my ever expanding waistline back under control.

Strange isn't it, as i get ever more absent minded, food always nudges me little reminders.....mmm just fancy cheese on toast now, will drop some hints.
Now, what have I forgotten? - Alby Back
I have to admit that I frequently do forget to eat. I suppose it's because I've never really had a job which operated to set hours or even days of the week. I'm afraid I have no concept of break or mealtimes because they have always been taken on the run so to speak. If I get thirsty, I'll drink or if I get hungry I'll eat something but only if I can find something or somewhere to buy it conveniently. This is often also stymied by regularly forgeting my wallet. As a result I always keep a spare "flexible friend" in the car but you get the most surly of responses if you try to buy sandwich with one. (Except of course in motorway services where I imagine they accept that few people carry that sort of cash.) My wife tries to help by making a packed lunch sometimes but I am quite capable of stepping over it on the way out without mentally questioning why there is a cool bag and a flask blocking the front door. Sometimes I find that I have gone 24 hours or more without food and then realise that I am actually quite hungry. I will then eat......a lot.... and then usually some more. Totally unhealthy I know and I should have ulcers or something but maybe it indicates a regressive caveman gene or something. Probably not the best condition to drive in as rightly pointed out.
Now, what have I forgotten? - Pugugly
I hate being hungry during working hours - I become rather irritable. As work involves a lot of
riving this is a risky mix. I too forget my wallet, but I stash a tenner in the car or bully someone at work to sub me. I must eat when I'm hungry otherwise the whole day becomes rather fractious. Funnily enough this rarely happens when I'm off work, down to leisurely and lengthy breakfasts I fear.
Now, what have I forgotten? - Big Bad Dave
I get that low blood sugar thing where I get weak, shaky and break out in a cold sweat when my blood sugar levels drop. When it hits, it can be quite dangerous. I always, always, always keep a Mars bar in the glove box, there's no better pick-me-up even if it is usually warm and melted. (I have no connection with Mars of course).
Now, what have I forgotten? - oilrag
I was once sceptical of UV `road tests`, but It seems `Ultra Violet` is a hard working, allegedly single parent journalist doing her best in what I presume is a dog eat rat eat dog journalist world. (I looked her up on the journalists register once out of curiosity.)

Now if any of you are married to a much younger woman like I am and you look in the `popular Women`s mags` you will find she is right on target for the interest and no doubt sales.

Regarding Motoring, I bet thats bang on too. I asked SWMBO and there`s no way she is going to buy a mag or read a motoring article if its Gargoyle-ised as in you know who`s road tests.

So it seems like a new slant, hunger and so on in driving. Good luck to UV.

Regards

Edited by oilrag on 29/05/2008 at 08:02

Now, what have I forgotten? - grumpyscot
From Ultra Violet:
"Research just out reveals that more than three quarters (84 per cent) of female motorists
drive whilst hungry. ... The top reason (given by 34 per cent of women) for
not eating before getting behind the wheel is that it slips their mind until their
journey has started."

That explains why my car is so clean inside and SWMBOs is like the inside of a hamster cage - juice bottles, sweet wrappers, empty crisp packets, sandwich wrappings, stale crusts....

Now, what have I forgotten? - Round The Bend
What you let your hamster eat sweets and crisps? No wonder it spends all night on the exercise wheel!

And how on earth does it manage to open a juice bottle?