Not so impressed with SureSell - saltire
Mixed messages from this BCA subsidiary. I'd seen it mentioned in the HJ Telegraph column, so, now our S-reg Peugeot 306 is off to pastures new, I thought I'd give it a go.

The helpline number was very helpful, but they wouldn't deal with me directly. I had to call my local BCA - in this case Blackbushe, Surrey. And there a bored and uninterested girl on a poor phone line gave me a totally different story from the SureSell folks, and really made me feel like not bothering. Fewer sales than SS had told me. Not even willing to discuss a reserve, because of the age of the car - so I might end up only getting £50 for it

Which is a problem, because I'd really like to avoid all the hassle and visitors of AutoTrader. Strikes me they only really want to deal with the trade.

Anyone else any experience of BCA/SureSell to share? What should I do now?
Not so impressed with SureSell - M.M
Why not EBay it? Less lookers than Autotrader, no stupid canvassing calls, you're in control of the sale and folks are bidding against each other rather than one man on your drive knocking it down.

David
Not so impressed with SureSell - AdrianM
Why not stick it in the Classified section of this forum - might get a nibble!!
Why not stick it in the Classified section of this forum - might get a
nibble!!

Didn't even know there was one, so thanks for that and I may well try.

Jonathan
Why not EBay it? Less lookers than Autotrader no stupid canvassing calls you're in control
of the sale and folks are bidding against each other rather than one man on
your drive knocking it down.

Yes, had thought about that. I've used Ebay extensively in the past, but never for a car. Worth a try, I think

Jonathan
Not so impressed with SureSell - ForumNeedsModerating
Not sure why they would be that interested - there can't be much in it for them one would suppose. This sounds like a good car to put on a verge with an advert inside the screen.
Not so impressed with SureSell - spikeyhead {p}
Its a ten year old car very average car.

Ebay it or stick an advert in the window and park it somewhere that a lot of people will pass.

If its in visibly good condition then you'll get a buyer quickly enough, just don't expect much money for it.
Not so impressed with SureSell - ifithelps
Going back to SureSell, can anyone explain what it is?

From the website, all they seem to be saying is we will put your car through the auction with a reserve and charge you for the service.

Isn't that what all auctions do?

SureSell looks like no more than window dressing to me.
Not so impressed with SureSell - mystery character
Last November, I tried to sell my car via BCA?s SureSell service. I rang the national free phone number for SureSell and the person who dealt with my call was very helpful, but she then put me through to my nearest BCA auction, where the staff were clearly unenthusiastic about dealing with a private seller. After another phone call it became clear that, at my nearest BCA auction, the SureSell sales were fully booked for weeks ahead anyway.

I eventually took my car to an auction that is not part of a chain. The car sold first time out and I was taken aback by just how easy it was to sell a car using that method.

If you?ve got an old car to sell, I?d recommend using an auction, but not BCA. Like ifithelps, I can?t see the difference between the SureSell service and the service that just about any motor auction will be able to offer to any private seller.