Mondeo Air Con - Daedalus
The MondeWOE has let me down yet again. Now the air conditioning has failed, only picked up when I had a new Lambda Sensor fitted (ANOTHER FAILURE IN ITS OWN RIGHT). The weather hasn't been good enough to run it recently. The green light on the vent knob comes on when you push it in but when the guy was reading the fault file on his ECU reading unit it showed that the air con wasn't actually coming on. Does anyone know of a good air con place in West Yorkshire or Manchester who will not do the sucking of teeth, shaking of head routine and say it needs a new one.

Bill
Mondeo Air Con - PhilW
This was on Andyspares message board recently - I know it's not W Yorks but Nottingham ain't that far down the M1
"Well phoned Citroen and asked how much to check and regass my Xantia, £90 plus VAT but it will probably be leaking so may need more doing and we can't look at it for about four days. Phoned a little place round the corner that does trailer fridges, they said free check, and £50 to regass,and bring it straight round, went to see them, they put a digital thermometer in the car and turned the Air Con on it said 15 degrees and that was after I had been driving for a while, they checked for leaks and said it was low, but no leaks, probably just natural leakage, they topped the gas back up again, the thermometer dropped its reading to 5 degrees and now its absolutely wonderful, ?how much do I owe you? I said. ?£30? he said, I will be recommending everyone I know to use this place.
It's called ColdStart and it's on little Tennis Street in Nottingham.
A nice cool Robbie."

any help?
PhilW

Phil,

Could be, but from the info given by the man reading the ECU the AC simply wasn't turning on when it said it was. This fault wouldn't seem to be a gas problem, if it was I would just get my refrigeration contractors to sell me a small bottle and put it in myself. This is not as hard as some people make out. Your man seems like a real gem, I have never before heard of ANY (REPEAT ANY) aircon people not making a meal out of simple problems. Mainly because consumers have no understanding of what refrigeration is about.

Many thanks for the reply,

Bill
Mondeo Air Con - Cyd
It could be a low gas problem. Aircon systems have two pressure sensors, a low and a high. That way when the system gets low on gas it simply won't go - otherwise you'd burn out the compressor.
Checking the gas level is always the first action.
Cyd,

Ill get our refer engineers at work to have a quick look at this, I must admit to total ignorance of these being fitted to car air con.

Bill