1990 1.9 Exhaust manifold to down pipe bolts with - igglypiggly
I'm having an issue with my 1990 TZS auto's exhaust pipe as the bolts have worked themselves loose or simply corroded to a point where the springs no longer hold any tension problem is the nuts on the bolts won't move and citroen main dealer {note correct spelling, ie, starts with a D and not ST} is talking £16 for the pair are these springs necessary or will any exhaust bolt which fits do the same job?

Cheers

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 09/05/2008 at 01:31

1990 1.9 Exhaust manifold to down pipe bolts with - mjm
There is a sealing ring between the manifold and the downpipe, made from a hard fibrous material. This has probably worn and is causing the springs to become loose. The bolts and nuts will be well corroded together by now and will probably either shear when you try to undo them or you will round them off trying.

The usual dealer repair kit consists of new springs, sealing ring, bolts, nuts etc. The last kit I bought contained a variety of bits to fit various exhausts. That was about 10 years ago and the kit was about £16 then.

If you try to make a solid joint, something, exhaust pipe, manifold etc will break in use.
1990 1.9 Exhaust manifold to down pipe bolts with - thomp1983
any local exhaust place will be able to supply the parts. removal can be fun, if there heavily corroded i usually cut them off with a dremel tool

chris
1990 1.9 Exhaust manifold to down pipe bolts with - piston power
Motor factors is where i would go timax,bosal,walker these brand names will do a kit.