Long shot - hands free cradle - PhilW
This is probably a long shot and I know little about these things but can any of you help? My wife has just bought a "new" Xantia HDi with a full Nokia 6310 (?) hands free set-up. Unfortunately we both have Nokia 3310 phones which don't fit the cradle. In my ignorance I thought that I would be able to go to Carphone Warehouse and get a different cradle and slot it in. Apparently not! I cannot find anywhere (even many firms on the Internet) who can supply/fit a separate cradle (Part no is MCC-4 I think.
Do any of you have a solution - or even a cradle which you want to swap/sell? The only answer I have had so far is to buy a complete new kit at over £100 which seems a bit much for the use we would get from it as private users not using car or phone for business.
Thanks in advance
PhilW
Long shot - hands free cradle - smokie
Go to Maplins and get a earpiece with boom mike. It hangs over your ear (a la Janet Jackson). Cost about £15 for the earpiece and £3 for the specific adaptor for your phone. Then use Voice Tags so you can do hands free dialling. Works a treat for me.

My company latest H&S policy says we must not use mobiles at all whilst driving. I suppose that's to cover them in the event of an accident. It seems they should be pointing it out to all the managers, who expect you to be available on mobile all day...
Control box?? but no cradle - Big Vern
Might have the control box you want, bit pushed for time this morning so check yourself on nokias webstie for the model of the control box and I will have a look what I have when I get home tonight, then all you need is the cradle. I had the same problem (in reverse) when I bought an ex company Vectra, I removed the control box and cradle ( cradle is not for a 3310 unfortunatly) but left in the mic and speaker expecting to be able to pick up a 6210 control box and cradle from a breakers, but all local breakers seemed to think that people removed the kits from damaged cars before they got their hands on them.

Also try ebay.co.uk loads of kits, but often for silly money
Long shot - hands free cradle - Clanger
I have limited experience of mobile hands-free kits and I believe it's difficult to change just the cradle on some Nokia set ups. The cradle you have fits a few Nokia phones so it may be worth considering upgrading your mobiles.

The list of Nokia mobiles is (from memory)

402, 702, 6150e, 7110 and 6210.

Good luck.
Darcy.

A bird in the hand - could be inconvenient.
Long shot - hands free cradle - PhilW
Thanks for the suggestions chaps. Think I might give up on this since it seems a lot more complex than I imagined (knowing nothing about it is the problem!!) We would only require it for social use and to be honest for the number of times it would be used it will be easier to stop and phone (and have a coffee and fag!!) or use a personal hands free. Wife suggests that she can hang her phone from the cradle anyway!
Thanks again
PhilW
Long shot - hands free cradle - Big Vern
The kit is really esy to remove, first locate the control box usually hidden behind the glove box, can't commment on Xantia, but most glovebox I have seen are held in by two screws. Control box is usually taped to the top of the glovebox. Disconnect the wires remove box, gently ease the wire going to the cradle back through the trim, remove three screws holding the cradle in place. Flog on ebay for a couple of quit, or post it to me :0)

I removed the older style nokia kit from my car as the cradle seemed to catch my eye and annoy me as I could not use it with my phone.
Long shot - hands free cradle - Tom S-S
All you need is an old 5110, 6110, (402 or 702 on Orange) or 6210, 7110 phone and swap the sim card when you are in the car, or upgrade your phone to a 6310. The phones listed are relatively cheap secondhand and you could keep it in the glove box.