00 2.0hdi Rear Wiper fault - Rocketman
I've got a fault with the rear wiper of my 306 estate on a W plate. It work when the wiper stalk is turned to wash and wipe. It washes and wipes then stops as normal. However when you put it on to intermittent (1st setting on wiper stalk)..nothing ..nowt zilch...didley squat....

The relay is the about an inch cube (2.5cm). A small solonoid on a board with an eprom on it. (6 pin) 2047029 on the outside.

(just to note i have only just sorted a leaking wiper problem, half the water was running down the back of the boot and in to the back, the foam on the carpet in the back was soaking wet)

I've checked the relay, taken the cover off and it appears to be ok, no sign of water ingress. (see above) With the relay still connected, the cover off, and power on to the veh, if you push the contacts on the solonoid on the relay the wipers work, in both positions 0 (off) and 1 (intermittent).

Now I'm not sure if it is a relay fault, wiring fault or wiper stalk problem. I would like to check there is voltage to the relay from the stalk but not sure which wire is which???

Blue red black and brown in to the relay.. these only come from another connector and different colours into that.

Anyhelp would be much appreciated...
Rocketman

Well still no joy with this. Was at my fovourite helpfull scappy this morning and tried another relay....still no joy.

The wiper works in wash mode along with the wash pump but not in contant (first position) wiper mode.

Can anyone point me in the right direction with this?? Is it likely to be a wiring or wiper stalk fault??

Thanks in advance

Rocketman
Hi,

Just for future users, I have eventually found time to fix this fault.

The fault was a broken wire on the wiring loom near the tale gate (nearside) - wire snapped in two - obviously over the years the action of opening/closing the tale gate cause it to break.

Thanks

Steve