Vivaro - 03 1.9 - ECU light keeps coming on - mike1111
Hope someone can possible advise me further. The engine management light on the dash has been lit for sometime. I took the van to a vauxhall dealer who put in on the computer, and replaced the solenoid valve. The light stayed out for 24 hours, but the following day came back on again. The van is running very rough and using alot of diesel. The garage then replaced the ECU and pressure sensor, but this did not fix it either. Please can anyone give me any ideas what the problem may be. The garage have given up.

{subject header made less vague}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 03/05/2008 at 14:31

Vivaro - 03 1.9 - ECU light keeps coming on - Screwloose
Mike

A lot more detail needed; this is a hideously complex common-rail Renault unit and can generate around 3000 different fault codes.

Which codes were found? Is the garage equipped to read Renault-specific codes, or just the generic ones? Which, of several, solenoids was changed and what was their justification for unnecessarily replacing the ECU?

Be aware that these have a known weakness in the EGR system and, if it's producing black smoke, it could be well on the way to a catastrophic failure.
Vivaro - 03 1.9 - ECU light keeps coming on - scrapmetal
Book it in at a renault garage and get their technicians to diagnose the fault, they are a lot more experienced with these vans and should be able to find the fault.