07 1.9tdi Clutch less than 7000 miles, VW say driv - it's not my driving style!!
Have a Jetta 57 plate, with less than 7000 miles, terrible burning smell when stuck in traffic on Saturday, took to dealers and told there is a problem with clutch, cannot diagnose if warranty or my style of driving (?) until clutch removed to examine!! after less than 7000 miles? Jetta Golf etc. any known problems anyone?
07 1.9tdi Clutch less than 7000 miles, VW say driv - drivewell
This is outrageous. Your car is less than a year old, has done less than 7,000 miles, and they are suggesting that clutch failure could be due to driving style. Sure, if you kept the clutch half-depressed, and slipped it all the time. Of course, if you did that, you'ld never actually get anywhere, and therefore not be able to run up 7,000 miles!

Let me put this in context. I've just had a full clutch replacement, and DMF, on my '05' plate TDCi Mondeo, which I've had from 9 months old, 10K miles. Now 33 months old, 42K miles - and job done under warranty, no questions asked.
07 1.9tdi Clutch less than 7000 miles, VW say driv - Collos25
My ex wife used to ride the clutch and managed to burn two out in under 5000 miles one of the reasons why she is ex.
07 1.9tdi Clutch less than 7000 miles, VW say driv - TurboD
you could have got her an auto?

re the clutch- you suggest to dealer that they leave it to the small claims court to decide on 'fit for purpose', especially if you can show your past motors have been fine.
It is amazing how dealers will not face facts, they must be under some financial inducement to come all this crap.( Well Done to Fords, by the way that is what sells cars ).
07 1.9tdi Clutch less than 7000 miles, VW say driv - v8man
My 56 plate Jetta 2.0tdi sport is now up to 55,500 miles and the clutch is fine.
07 1.9tdi Clutch less than 7000 miles, VW say driv - Snakey
It seems to be the norm these days. Deny any responsibility until the legal process is begun.

Twice in the last 12 months I've had to use the Small Claims to get even a reply from companies who have neglected me or not provided the service I paid for. I won both cases but as a solicitor friend advised 'they will wait until the last minute before offering anything - hoping you will back down first'

I would have expected better of a brand such as VW though, 7000 miles is poor no matter how aggressive your driving style (not that I'm saying thats how you drive!)
07 1.9tdi Clutch less than 7000 miles, VW say driv - George Porge
Given the torque of a modern diesel engine you could kill a clutch within 100 miles or so, ask any hire company who are based next to an airport how many americans can't drive "stick"
07 1.9tdi Clutch less than 7000 miles, VW say driv - Armitage Shanks {p}
Urban Myth about an American who picked a manual car at LHR and drove it to Cornwall in First, waiting for the auto box to change!
07 1.9tdi Clutch less than 7000 miles, VW say driv - v8man
My 56 Jetta is now on 72500 miles and the clutch is going strong.
07 1.9tdi Clutch less than 7000 miles, VW say driv - ggh1
If your car has a self adjusting clutch cable check that the self adjuster has not seized. My cable seized (common fault) on my Mk.3 Golf which then caused a hole through the clutch center plate, so I changed it to a Mk. 2 Golf manually adjusted cable.
07 1.9tdi Clutch less than 7000 miles, VW say driv - tujags
This was certainly a problem a few years ago with the automatically malajusting clutch cable, great clutch killer! Firs job on list for any golf/jetta/vento change to manually adjusted cable gets the clutch 'biting' position where you want it!
07 1.9tdi Clutch less than 7000 miles, VW say driv - injection doc
unfortunatley it will be more than likley your drving style. Diesels produce so much tourque heavey use in traffic will overheat it. just use the clutch for pulling away without riding the clutch & most important avoid any revs at this point. Its a combination of revs & constant use that will burn them out. Clutches are a little on the weak side on these VW's. It really will be 50/50 as to how it goes with the dealer.
Remember with diesels never hold the car on the clutch in traffic or a hill & avoid revs where possible