02 2.0 Anti pollution defective - summerman
Started car up and a message came up Engine Anti Pollution System Defective and the engine symbol is constantly on,rang local garage who were very helpfull and said they would recommend a diagnostic test £40

can anyone advise me what the problem could be ,the garage asked if the car was misfiring,backfiring etc which it wasn't and it was safe to carry on driving but could damage the catalitic convertor but suggested it was an exhaust sensor emmisions problem
02 2.0 Anti pollution defective - Screwloose

That's just PSA's generic warning that there's a fault code stored in the engine ECU. If your garage doesn't know that, then be wary....
02 2.0 Anti pollution defective - summerman
thanks for your reply
looking around various sites i.e 406 coupe club it seems it could be coil packs,fuel injectors or lamba sensors in exhaust but it will need a diognistic test to tell
02 2.0 Anti pollution defective - Screwloose

It could be any of around 2000 different codes; proper diagnosis is indeed the essential first step.
02 2.0 Anti pollution defective - bernice
hi ive just had the same thing happen to my car how did you get on with it what was it ?
02 2.0 Anti pollution defective - bernice
how did you get on because it has just happened to me this morning, what was the problem ?
02 2.0 Anti pollution defective - mfarrow
how did you get on because it has just happened to me this morning what
was the problem ?

That user hasn't visited the forum since April 24th, and even if they did come back with their solution it would be completely irrelevant to you.

Get the fault codes read and don't throw money at it until you do.