99 1.8Ghia centralised locking/unlocking - mickros
Have recently been blighted with the following problem. When operating central locking via the remote the car locks first lock then immediately unlock - this happens every time I try via the remote. If I try to use lock by using the key in the drivers door then the same thing happens - doors lock then immediately unlock.

The only way I can lock the car is by inserting the key in the passenger side door - this then locks all doors.

I can then unlock all the doors with the remote (except the passenger side door which needs to be unlocked by the driver from the inside.

Have tried WD40 in all the locks but still problemmatic. Could it be the driver side door latch or the passenger side door latch - or does the problem lie elsewhere.

Any tips or diagnostics greatly appreciated.

Edited by Pugugly on 26/04/2008 at 15:54

99 1.8Ghia Centralised Locking/Unlocking - eastenddoy
your fault is the passenger door lock wiring /motor,lose door plug you have to test the curcuits with a mult meter to find out .

Edited by eastenddoy on 24/04/2008 at 21:18

99 1.8Ghia Centralised Locking/Unlocking - mikej
I'm having a similar problem, although I can only lock my car manually with the key on the driver's side. This points towards a faulty driver's door motor, so in your case it might point towards a faulty passenger door motor. I've not had chance to get a new motor yet, so I can't confirm the fix.

See my thread here : www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=4&t=61...6

This is a good way of testing all the door sensors and the remote (credit to the original poster) :

Central Locking Test Function:

1. Open any door, keys out of ignition

2. Press the switch in the door frame part of the lock (the one that controls the interior light etc.) 6 times within 4 seconds

The result is a car that (until left alone for a minute) will flash both indicator lights each time any door or the boot is opened and it should also flash if you press any key on the remote.

If this doesnt happen with all doors, it could be a faulty switch or loom.

If it doesnt happen with the remote, it could be a faulty remote.

This function also reboots the central locking module, so it could cure the problem too.