07 2.0 VW DSG am I wearing the clutch out ? - mustangman
SWMBO has a generally excellect EOS with DSG that I worry about for two reasons.

1. Will the roof keep working .............. but that's not what I'm posting about. :-)

2. In stationary traffic I need to keep my foot on the brake to prevent creeping. I'm aware that the clutch is a "wet" one that works in the gearbox oil, so is the creep caused by the drag of the oil film between the plates, or have VW arranged for it to be biting a bit to simulate creep on a torque convertor auto?
I'm worried enough that I slip into neutral if the car will be stationary for a fair period, perhaps more than a minute.
Am I worrying over nothing or does this cause premature clutch wear?

The handbook says little, apart from if the clutch gets too hot, the car will "rock along its length" surely by then any damage would have been done ?

Any thoughts people ?

Thanks
07 2.0 VW DSG am I wearing the clutch out ? - daveyjp
I have a DSG Audi and in standing traffic it's 'N' and handbrake for me. No problems to date. The creep is caused by the clutch engaging - no different to releasing the clutch on a manual and using tickover to creep forward.

From what I have read the clutch will only get too hot if you use it to hold on a hill or you do flying starts for an extended period. If this situation occurs the car will shutdown the protect the clutch.