Climate Control settings - gudgejudy
Can anybody tell me the correct setting for normal use of climate control. Do I use "Auto" or "Full Auto". Honda Accord 2003.
In "Full Auto" turned down to minimum the yellow "recycle" light comes on, is this correct or should the setting be left in "Auto".

The Honda handbook is not clear to me, or am I misreading something.

I have been advised to use "Full Auto" all the time, on a hot day I turn the setting to the lowest setting and the "Recycle" light stays on.

Regards Judgejudy.
Climate Control settings - Dynamic Dave
On a hot day it's best to have the air recirculating as the AC system then doesn't have to work so hard in cooling down the inside of the car because the air being drawn back into the system is already cold. If it were pulling fresh air in from outside, it would have to cool it down first and not be so efficient.
Climate Control settings - Pendlebury
Judy I have mine set on auto and let the system do the rest by just setting the temperature. (I am not sure what you mean by full auto though).
In auto I set the temperature to 22 normally.
Then on a hot day I turn it down to 16 or 18 and if the system detects it has allot of cooling to do it automatically selects re-circulation (yellow light).
When it approaches the required temp it switches back from re-circulation to normal auto.
I have a 2005 model without sat-nav so maybe your system is different.
Climate Control settings Honda Accord - gudgejudy
Thanks for the good response, it makes sense if the system is only cooling the air within the car like a fridge it will lower the temperature that much quicker. The Honda handbook, page 130 does not explain this, I have spoken to several Accord owners and got diferent advice, even Honda garages have given conflicting advice. By pressing the Temperature button you get either Auto or Full Auto. Our friend Pendlebury has a diferent opinion.
I take it then that on a very hot day you set things in Full Auto, turn down the setting to 18, at which the Recirculation Light, yellow, comes on, and will stay on.
I found if you attempt to switch of the Recirculation switch off the system goes to Auto.
Climate Control settings Honda Accord - Pendlebury
I'll dig out the handbook and get back to you judy.
Climate Control settings Honda Accord - Pendlebury
My page 130 is all about the elctric window operation so presumably we have different systems/models.
I only have an Auto button - not a Full auto.
Apologies.
Climate Control settings Honda Accord - Andy P
To use the climate control, press the Auto button. Use the temperature controls either side of the volume control to set the temperatures.

Two things can happen:

- if the temperature inside the car is significantly higher than the set temperature, the system automatically switches to recirculate so that it only has to cool the air inside the car. Once the air temperature is close to the set temperature, the system turns off the recirculation and begins drawing in air from outside.

- if the temperature inside is close to the set temperature, the system starts drawing in air from outside, cooling it in the process. Recirculation is not needed.

Depending on the conditions, the system can activate recirculation mode at any time.
Climate Control settings Honda Accord - gudgejudy
Dear Andy P.

Thank's for the info:, I feel sure this is correct. I once tried out the system on a cold day and the recirculate light never came on, today the car had been standing in the sun, the interior was warm and the yellow light came on.
I do think that Honda could have explained their system a lot better, for simple folks like me.
Mine is a 2003 Accord garage kept, and is "as new" condition. The Tiptronic box is fantastic, quality wise, this is the best car I've ever had, and I've had many cars in 45 years of driving.People are amazed at the full leather interior, it still has that shoe shop smell.
Climate Control settings Honda Accord - jbif
Hello gudgejudy. I admit I too find it confusing that you have a system that shows "auto" and "full auto". I would have understood if they used the terms "auto" and "semi-auto".

Here is a link to a web site where an owner of a Saab tries to explain how the "auto" and "semi-auto" climate control system works on his car:
www.dervman.com/kaaircon.htm
(scroll down that page to find it).

Edited by jbif on 15/04/2008 at 21:27