£3k drop in price for non-turbo Cabrios Volume 2. - Pugugly
***** This thread is now closed, please CLICK HERE to go to Volume 3 *****

Continuing this interesting debate about the long awaited delivery of BR's cars.

Sorry to split it, but certain members are still on dial up and it takes an age for them to download lengthy threads.

CLICK HERE to go to Volume 1 *****

Edited by Webmaster on 13/04/2008 at 22:45

£3k drop in price for non-turbo Cabrios Volume 2. - Rick o Shea
Further to welshlads post....
Welsh, you are paying for the car before taking delivery? why?

We are paying via our own personal loan, so no car, no pay.

We put down £500 deposit which is returnable if on the April date there is no car. This is fact.

I take it you have arranged some kind of finance agreement with the car?
£3k drop in price for non-turbo Cabrios Volume 2. - welshlad
as i mentioned earlier im getting the car on the motabillity scheme the DSS take the mobility aspect of your DLA to pay for the car but they do it on arrangement with the dealer i.e from the delivery date the dealer give them, theres no negotiation after the agreement is reached even when the agreed delivery date is no longer valid which i suppose is just one of the pitfalls

one of the more popular misconceptions that most people have when they hear someone has a car on the motabillity scheme they tend to think disabled people get a 'free' car believe me this is not the case
Thanks for clarifying

Hopefully we will get our cars soon!
reminds me of what a dealer told me when i looked into the scheme that the most common damage work they undertake with motabillity cars is deliberate nieghbour envy damage by people who cant stand the fact their cripple nieghbour has a better car then them
£3k drop in price for non-turbo Cabrios Volume 2. - daveyjp
Had un update on a friend's situation last night. She ordered this car in orange as soon as the offer came out. She is still waiting and has a different story each time she enquires. It's in Bristol, its in Italy, its not made, its due to be built next week, its on a boat, it should be with us next week!!! Complete joke.
the latest on mine is its now showing magenta on the computer which means that there is an actual car somewhere that is marked as sold to me but where that car is and when it will be delievered is anyones guess
£3k drop in price for non-turbo Cabrios Volume 2. - Paul2
My wife placed an order for a CZC2 in Black towards the end of Feb and was told deliverey would be end of March or sometime in April. We received a t/phone call on the 19th March to say that our vehicle was on a ship and due to arrive in the UK on the 20th. We then had a call to say that 200 vehicles were originally supposed to be on the ship, but only 80 were actually sent and ours was not amongst them. Our dealer has since received three CZC's and is telling me that they are hopeful that ours will still arrive during April. However, I am not holding my breath!
When In quized the dealer on the phone yesterday afternoon and informed him about the Pininfarina financial problems, he denied any knowledge about it - so I suggested he do a google search and find out a few truths for himself. I think we would all just like some plain speaking HONESTY from these people and be - these cars are being orderd against a customers name/requirements and should, therefore be allocated at the point of production. Every vehicle should then be trackable from Italy right through to the dealer. Good look everyone!
i've made a final decision if i dont hear anything by lunch time tommorrow im cancelling my order i have had enough of this, its no way to treat customers, especially as i have had to sell my other car as i didnt want to turn down a decent offer on it so i am now stuck at home with no transport

Edited by welshlad on 01/04/2008 at 13:21

Hi all just got back to find a message on my phone stating that my car is due in tomorrow, and the new wheels (mitsi 7 spokes) are due in on Friday.

They now have my insurance cover note for the car to register it, and the personalised registration number to link to the vin.

The cover has started yesterday, so I will be pleased to see the car soon, so I don't waste money insuring a car i am not using.

I have a high degree of confidence now that the car will be with the dealer tomorrow or shortly afterwards, and the delay now is more likely to be at the dvla.

When it gets to the dealer, its having several options on it, so there will be a slight delay there, but i have asked to pick it up from the showroom, so any time the dealer can get it sorted out allows him to have it in the showroom and hence possible additional sales. (Orange car so rare to view anyway)

I am hopeful we can have it on Saturday, but if not then it looks like early next week due to registration.

What I will do though is go to view the car, to make sure it actually exists!

Will advise.
thisi s what i cant understand i have the car on order im having no optional extras the insurance, tax is all sorted i even have registration ready to go and yet i have heard nothing and i have been waiting 2 months for delievery now
What is needs Welshlad is a mass cancellation of orders!
I'll just keep mine alive though and let you know how quick it comes through...ha! Ha!
£3k drop in price for non-turbo Cabrios Volume 2. - Armitage Shanks {p}
I've kept an eye on this thread since Day 1 and without being too much of a 'Meldrew' what I see is some people getting very excited about a small expensive convertible (rated only ** by HJ). It is, or isn't, being built in Italy by a firm in financial diffulties. The colours available range from mundane to eye burning and nobody seems to know which one they are going to get anyway! The maker has problems, the UK importer seems incompetent at best and the dealers are either out of the picture or ingnorant or unhelpful.

Edited by Armitage Shanks {p} on 01/04/2008 at 16:42

£3k drop in price for non-turbo Cabrios Volume 2. - dnc1781
Armitage Shanks {p} - A fair and accurate summary.

I couldn't agree with you more.
£3k drop in price for non-turbo Cabrios Volume 2. - Alby Back
Funnily enough I hadn't even noticed these cars until this thread became so popular. I have now paid particular attention to one on display at our local dealer. Have to say I would see it as something of a result to have a legitimate excuse to withdraw from the deal. Not my cup of saki at all.
exactly, im afraid for myself that any excitment, aticipation etc has long since vanished. but that said isnt it right (despite what you may think of the car itself) that the customers have the right to be able to chose a car of their choice under the assumption that they will in fact get some sort of customer service that isnt at best a complete shambles.

as it stands now the car is secondary to the problems we have been experiencing and no number of poor or bad reviews should reflect in the service being provided after all we are all paying money out to these people.

i dont think its right that we the customers should have to change our decisions or choices just because the company cant( or wont) give us what they in the first place offered

FYI:
i spoke to another dealer today looking to change make and model and cancel the colt he is a mitsuibushi and dhatsui dealer and he has 5 customers also waiting for colt CZC's and he told me that there is no indication of the situation resolving any time soon

Edited by welshlad on 01/04/2008 at 17:16

Your summary would appear to be fairly 'on the nail' - however, I would point out that any new car is expensive, but some are just better value than others. At circa' £14 to £15k the CZC was originally priced at around the market norm for a hard top convertible, however, the price reductions have made this car very good value for money. Take a close look at one and see what you actually get for your money...pretty damn good! What's more, HJ may have only marked it at 2 stars but many other reports place it far higher.
What is needs Welshlad is a mass cancellation of orders!
I'll just keep mine alive though and let you know how quick it comes through...ha!
Ha!

no no no after you i insist LOL
Lots of good points made since I last posted, shame not many were made by people who actually ordered the car in question....

I don't blame you welshlad for getting uptight about your delay, if you were not told about it at the time of order.

You have to speak as you find though, and when I ordered, it was quoted that delivery would be last week in March or first in april, hence my proviso on my receipt. I personally, feel that if my car arrives tomorrow (fingers crossed) the dealer will have done exactly what he promised, and has kept me informed at every step.

isn't it always the case when something is extremely good value, and a desirable item, the two conspire to result in that item being in short supply.

ABS, power steering, air conditioning, alloy wheels, keyless entry, mp3/cd player, 16valve variable valve timing engine, full instrumentation including computer, good economy, good performance, 4 seats (well 2+2) very low insurance, 3 years servicing thrown in, 3 year gaurantee, 3 years breakdown included, and thats without the big attraction, being a hard top convertable, or the fact that being a mitsubishi, its going to last forever.

available for £9,999?

Can't think why they are in short supply....

Looks as thought the three year warranty could be useful!

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC 2007

I have only had my cabriolet for 3 weeks and it has been in the service department being fixed more than it has been on the road, First week the air conditioner ran out of gas and had to be re gassed. Second week the roof got stuck and would not go up. It has now been in the service department for a week and they still do not know how to fix it. I am very disappointed as I traded in a Honda Jazz that I never had a problem with.

Sounds very Italian to me!

Yes thanks for 'flushing' that one out armitage.

not sure how reminiscant this is of the build quality, as i have yet to find any substantial reports of problems with the czc.

May we enquire as to the reason behind your enthusiasm to find fault in the czc?

Are you a closet Kia driver maybe.... :-P
MEGA SNIPQUOTE for the person who ignored the message the popped up on his screen asking to include only relevant text - ie, snip & summarise
Sounds very Italian to me!

ok ok we get it you dont like the car, unfortunatly for you we do and that is why we have them on order but i promise next time i order a car i'll be sure to pass it by you first

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 02/04/2008 at 01:34

I am not bothered about the car one way or the other but I don't think I have ever seen a 120+ post thread about a make/model of car of which nobody has taken delivery! I hpe the ownership experience is way better than the acquisition experience! The whole set up, from maker to dealer and everything in between sounds like a bad joke. I hope everyone who get one finds it suits them; it wouldn't do for me as it wouldn't take 5 people and 3 sets of golf clubs ie not what I need or want!
Yes thanks for that Arimitage,

You are right, it seems does seems strange that you pay so much interest in a car that clearly does not suit your needs.

But your comments are welcomed in this thread as you clearly are an expert in build quality, style, and manufacturers who do not build inherrant safety design faults into their vehicles.

307? LOL!
£3k drop in price for non-turbo Cabrios Volume 2. - sporty chick
Hi, i seem to have lost the thread for the past few days, seems to be alot of stressed out people on here!!

May i ask any person who does not like the czc why they are looking at this thread? the only reason i am on this is to try and gather information of other people who are buying this car and who like this car. I admit the customer service is crap, the information they give is crap and i get more sense out of this thread than my dealer gives but i do stil want the car. I also know there is huge demands on many new cars and deliveires on cars such as the new fiat 500 are not available until may or june time and i got told this in february when looking at one!!

I agree this is not everyone's choice of car but thats their opinion but it is my choice and most people on this thread, we are just peed off cos we want our brand new car, with the roof down, right now!!!

.*******

So welshlad mention this to yor dealer and see if he can offer you a hire car so you are not stuck in your house with only threads about cars to entertain you!!

My dealer also said my car is due in the country next week, oh i have such faith!!!

But hey its gonna snow next week anyway so no rush there!!! ;-)

Hi welshlad,

It seems half my msg went missing........ I mentioned my dealer is giving me a hire car this weekend until the new car turns up so i can sell my car before it loses any value.

mak sense now?
yep makes sense i'll give it another few days though because if i hear nothing by friday then i know that him telling me last week that my car was in the country was utter crap and i can take him to task over that as well, to be honest with you i hate speaking to the dealer because everytime i do it just annoys me that little bit more but to be honest with you if i dont hear anything by friday im cancelling the order completely i was gonna cancel today but my dad talked me out of it (the voice of reason LOL)
i might ring him today and ask him for 'proof of life' by 6pm or the deals off i.e a photo of the car next to the portbury town sign with someone holding todays newspaper next to it LOL

Edited by welshlad on 02/04/2008 at 12:59

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO my car is here my car is here (**dances wildly around the room)

i collect it friday morning at 11am, see they must have picked up on the bad vibes i was sending them this morning standing on the beach looking over towards them on Anglesey LOL

he said he has 3 orders today just from having the car there and one customer who ordered a silver came in today to speak to him and now wants to change to orange LOL

Edited by Pugugly on 02/04/2008 at 20:05

Pentraeth Automotive ?
yep
£3k drop in price for non-turbo Cabrios Volume 2. - Dynamic Dave
It seems half my msg went missing........

That's because you upset the swear filter in a big way. DD.
£3k drop in price for non-turbo Cabrios Volume 2. - bimmer-driver
Thats brill news Welshlad. Hope mine isn't too far behind yours as I'm really fed up of waiting now. I've had an email from someone in Mitsubishi customer services saying they're doing everything they can to deliver the cars ASAP but they were overwhelmed by the demand and they just asked me to be patient.
the dealer told me that they have 1200 coming into the UK in the next 3 months so things should happen for everyone soon
Nice one Welsh!

Glad you (and the others that have seen your car) like the orange, I know it was a worry for you.
We loved it, but it is very hard to get to see, as the dealers love the safe bet colours, black, silver, peugeot blue (lol).

have fun and keep us up to date please!
so now wouldnt be a good time to leave with a resounding 'SEE YA WOULDNT WANT TO BE YA' just kidding, still proud to be a member of the mitsuibushi crisis club LOL

just checked out the weather for the weekend.........not looking good for getting the roof down i wish someone had told me sunny weather was an optional extra

Edited by welshlad on 02/04/2008 at 22:29

perhaps you ought to wait until you get the keys in your hand....

lol!
£3k drop in price for non-turbo Cabrios Volume 2. - ron08
Hi all
I too will be picking up my orange car on Saturday(perhaps),I saw the dealer on Tuesday and he said it was not actualy in yet but was due on Wed or Thurs and if it was not in by Sat after all he would give me the use of a Colt saloon until mine turns up.
I will call in on Friday for an update.
I wait with eager anticipation !!
Ron
Ron, a very similar story with me...

Was going to be definately Wed, then today, but no car has arrived.

our car is out of mot next week and unlikely to pass, so the use of a dealer car would be essential.

I am in East Anglia, may I ask where the others are being promised to arrive?
I am in East Anglia may I ask where the others are being promised to
arrive?

>>

im not telling you i dont want a phone call in the morning telling me my cars been stolen and was last seen heading east........just kidding
Hi, just to let you know stil no news on my car arriving but picked up a courtesy mitsubishi colt cz2 tonight until my car turns up. I would not choose this as a car for me but atleast they may get my car quicker to me now i have one of theirs!

I asked the dealer if any ifo yet and he said he does no know anything and mitsubishi have asked them to stop selling the czc's as they cant cope, talk about shooting themselves in the foot!!

Hope everyone gets their car this weekend who has been promised delivery.....

I live in hope!
do you want to have a ride in mine .......nudge nudge wink wink
Just spoke to the dealer, and he reckons the car is not in, but we can have the courtesey car from monday until it arrives.

He would prefer to do that rather than negociate around some rear parking sensors....

which is a shame, as we could have done with some :-)

Anyone got theirs?
picked mine up this morning, already done 70 miles, even though i would have prefered not to wait it was worth it in the end, the roof went down as soon as i got the keys and i was off, been getting a respectable 45-52MPG on the open road, parked it outside my place my landlord was there and had that 'oh really, guess who's rent is going up' look.

its lovely to drive i went up to the lake to take some photos and had a couple of people comment on it being a cool car, had one young lady wanting to sit in it i was rather disappointed it was actually the car she liked.

dealer said that they have 2000 coming in over the next 3 months and that they are hoping to fill the older orders by middle of may just hope none of you guys have to wait that long.

i have to say that most of the write ups mention excessive road noise but to be honest its not so bad even with the roof down and the TV advert doesnt do the orange colour justice at all its lovely

Edited by welshlad on 04/04/2008 at 17:03

Which lake ?
the big one with all the water...........just kidding the one up in Llanberis in the snowdonia national park
Called in at the dealers in Gorseinon Swansea today ,my car was there being valeted.
I will be picking it up on Sat morning.
My wife has bought an orange jumper and a pair of orange Crocks to go with the car,she is only 59 LOL

Ron

Edited by Pugugly on 04/04/2008 at 20:00

Ah yes - I've wagged the tails of a few Beemers on that Nant Peris road...oh yes !
£3k drop in price for non-turbo Cabrios Volume 2. - Avant
But don't let the Roomster wag the Pug.....
:-(
£3k drop in price for non-turbo Cabrios Volume 2. - Alby Back
Get yourself another powerful RWD before they are banned PU ! It's only a matter of time before Roomsters and the like are the only things we are allowed to have.

Edited by shoespy on 04/04/2008 at 20:18

Great to hear you have finally got your car Welsh, sounds like they are going to be very popular....

Particularly like to hear the popularity of the Orange lol!

I spoke to the dealer again today and asked for a courtesey car as our car is not in. Must be a mitsubishi guideline, as to my suprise, he agreed, and I'm to pick it up on monday.

Its probably a good thing as it must focus the dealer into getting the car in. The latest is, it will be here tomorrow :-)

well lets hope your picking your car up on monday and not a courtesy car
I think I';l leave it there until next Fri Welsh, better in the showroom with this weather on its way, but thanks for the comment!
something else i should have mentioned there is no spare tyre with the CZC but panic ye not, instead in the well in the boot is a 12v compressor for checking the tyres and a canister of tyre sealeant for punctures, its a fully self contained system the canister attaches to the compressor and that pumps it into the punctured tyre so no mess no fuss
td17uk.myphotoalbum.com/slideshow.php?set_albumNam...8

here are some photos i took yesterday if anyones intrested........sorry i didnt have time to find a model to sprawl across the bonnet
£3k drop in price for non-turbo Cabrios Volume 2. - deantyson
Hello welshlad, like the pictures of your car, i bought a czc2 in the middle of march no word at all from mitsubishi how long did it take to get yours, thanks
The air thing sounds good, not dragging all that dead weight around, and if you have to loose a wheel having an air compressor on board is much more use as most people dont bother to check/pump up their tyres when they leave the petrol station.

One question Welsh, where does the temperature run on the car in normal running...

lol! if you can find the temp gauge!
One question Welsh where does the temperature run on the car in normal running...
lol! if you can find the temp gauge!

>>
good question i dont think there is a temp gauge per say(well not one ive found yet), but there are two warning lights for coolant temperature one for low temp one for high temp
Just checked the photos, they look great Welsh

So glad we went for the orange. Thanks for sharing them, any problems witht he car at all?
theres a very very tiny chip in the paintwork on the roof which i spotted in the initial handover which is going to be sorted by the dealer as soon as but apart from that its a great little car very responsive and really comfortable to drive im still getting use to the size as you cant see the front end at all from the drivers seat buts it definitly a head turner

Edited by Rick o Shea on 05/04/2008 at 10:06

The air thing sounds good not dragging all that dead weight around and if you
have to loose a wheel having an air compressor on board is much more use
as most people dont bother to check/pump up their tyres when they leave the petrol
station.

being disabled this system is great for me i would have great difficulty changing a wheel on my own in the middle of nowhere
i havent named it yet my last car was 'Randy the rover' but 'micheal the mitsuibushi' doesnt quite have the same ring to it
Leonardo?

As in 'Leaonardo de Cabriolet'?
Well my dealer still doesn't even know when mines going to be in the country so I've cancelled. Salesman wrote on my order form March delivery and still no car so thats it. Plus their customer service has been shocking and Mitsubishi themselves don't know when it'll be here so I think I'm well out.
sorry to hear that ibiza so what have you got you eye on now the new toyoyta auris is pretty nice you might want to check that out and they promised me a two week delivery time
Picked mine up today and my wife and I very pleased with it.
The orange colour is not too garish in the grey misty South Wales rain.
The last 3 letters of the registration are JFX so its been given the name"JAFFACAKES"
Sad or what ?
Ron
so theres at least one in the north and one in the south of wales maybe we should meet in the middle LOL is it one of the coolest cars ever or what i love it and the bonus for me is i dont have anyone to argue over who's gonna drive

Edited by welshlad on 05/04/2008 at 21:09

Yesterday afternoon went down to the local MINI showroom and put a deposit down on a 56 plate MINI Cooper Convertible. Picking it up on wednesday!

As in 'Leaonardo de Cabriolet'?

Completely appropriate given the car's Italian pedigree !
good choice on the mini i do like them but its too impractible for me, i found it difficult to get in and out of because the roof is so low but apart from that nice little car
well almost 150 miles on the clock now and no problems to report even had the roof down out on the road got caught out yesterday though, it seemed very bright and sunny when i left my house but i caught a very cold off shore breeze when i got onto the coast road, had to shiver for nearly a mile before i could pull over to put the roof up.

i have noticed the car hates first gear but once in 2nd and upwards she pootles along very happily i headed up into the hills yesterday and took it along the bendy roads leading to Betws-y-coed she handled perfectly and very stable.

had to wash the car today as they treated the roads last night and i didnt want to leave the salt on the paintwork and its now back to how it looked when i picked it up, i have to say the interest the cars had has surprised me lots of people giving it a second look.

overall 9.5/10 why 9.5 well no such thing as perfect but this car is as near as you can get when it comes to cars, bias i might be so sue me!!!

Edited by Pugugly on 07/04/2008 at 00:44

hi, i ordered a blue czc in the middle of march, no news from mitsubishi yet. How long does it take to come, CHEERS.
You'll be lucky to see it any time soon. I ordered one in mid March aswell and got fed up of waiting with no idea when it'd turn up. Dealer was hopeless, and this Saturday just gone showed me an email he'd had from Mitsubishi UK that just said that all orders placed in March would be fulfilled in April and May. After which I promptly cancelled the order and bought a MINI Cooper Convertible which I pick up this Weds.
£3k drop in price for non-turbo Cabrios Volume 2. - 1970badgirl
SO Welshlad how is your new Colt going - you make me smile because you seem so excited!!

Keep filling me in as I love reading your comments :)
Hi All, good news from East Anglia.... our orange one has come in today!

the Mrs took a national express bus over to the dealer today to pick up the CZ3 courtesey car, and our orange one came in ten mins before she got there. Its still in the wax so they are going to valet it, and put the extras on change the wheels etc, then we will return the CZ3 and pick it up on Sat.

So at long last! can't complain at the dealer especially the lady manning the office.. she has been brilliant, and pick the family up from the bus station sorted the arrangements etc.

The CZ3 is a brill car too, much like the CZC with more back seat space, but of course no retractable hard top cabriolet. Got the same cool dash controls etc, the car goes really well, (1.5 diesel) and has the same nice front end.

They are really rare here and even the hard top looks rare and stands out, (mitsubishi's a few and far between here)

Really can't wait for Sat now, and to see what it looks like with the chrome boot trims side chrome trims etc!!!

You are right , Welsh has a great degree of excitement, and we have it too...! roll on Sat!
£3k drop in price for non-turbo Cabrios Volume 2. - richardo
Hi Rick, Welsh, Bad ....

Good to hear your cars are arriving. Be interested in your comments when you get your cars.

Our dealer has apologised for the poor valet and offered us a freebie one.

After a week the Colt remains a favourite. Had a "bit of fun" with a couple of drivers... despite the significant TURBO badge on the rear!! Wolf in sheep's clothing?

Whether it's considered a "looker" is down to personal taste, but there's nothing like a 08 plate to generate a bit of envy.

I've owned Triumph Spitfires x 3, Sunbeam Alpine, Bond Equipe, Saab 900 turboS, Peugeot 206 and 307cc, Jaguar XK8 and Audi TT convertibles, and the CZC Turbo compares very well, and in terms of value for money exceedingly well.

So far sloppy valet and missing 12 volt socket cover are the niggles. Road noise is quite noticeable though.

Richardo
i have to admit i am probably way too excited but this is the first time in my 36yrs that i have had the chance to own a brand new car so i think i can be forgiven for being a little hyper.

the last few years have been quite hard for me what with my illness and disabilities so im just making the most of a good thing that's been a long time coming hope i don't get annoying if i do please tell me and i'll try to bring it down a notch or two

Snipped the "LOL" - that is the only annoying thing !!

Edited by Pugugly on 08/04/2008 at 15:30

£3k drop in price on-turbo Cabrios Volume 2. - sporty chick
Hi all!

Well i'm still waiting for my car to turn up, really frustrated now! I have a cz2 courtesy car but I dont like it very much, its good to drive but I want my posing car!!! I have had a vauxhall corsa for 5 years and like welshlad its the first time I have ever bought a brand new car and I was really excited to be driving a new car nevermind a convertible (my all time dream! lol). So its put a bit of dampner on things.I ordered in feb and its now a month overdue from delivery date and stil waiting on a confitmation of a deivery!!!

Sorry to put a dampner on all your excitment, really pleased your all getting your new cars and the orange one (welshlad pics) does look really swish. I hope the black one looks that good, stil not seen it in person yet......

£3k drop in price on-turbo Cabrios Volume 2. - welshlad
picked up my car mats today the dealer still doesnt have any more cars in and said he wont be able to get a display model for a while yet as they are still trying to meet orders i did offer to bring my car in for potential customers to look at if they really want to see the car in the flesh which he has jumped at the chance and has said they will pay me in petrol everytime i show my car .

im a bit disappointed with the mats they are supposed to be tailored to the car but the shape is all wrong there are cutoffs where they dont need to be and overall they are a bit dull i would suggest not getting mitsuibushi mats and going to halfords or the like and picking out some of your own choice
£3k drop in price for non-turbo Cabrios Volume 2. - jbif
Snipped the "LOL" - that is the only annoying thing !!

ROTFL

Edited by jbif on 08/04/2008 at 15:46

£3k drop in price for non-turbo Cabrios Volume 2. - madf
Personally the only Italian built car I would wait for is a Ferrari.

not even a Maseratti or Buggatti ?
Personally the only Italian built car I would wait for is a Ferrari.

would the wait be while you grew a magnum PI moustache and went shopping for hawaiian shirts

ferrari's are so 1980
I have to say LOL at this point (much as my instincts want not to)
Good News form East Anglia...
The car has been in the workshops today having the bits fitted and hits the valet shop tomorrow..
So we are still on target for Sat at 10...
Hopefully they will arrive up north soon!
great news rick BTW what extras did you go for?

sporty got everything crossed for ya
Thanks welsh! Think it may be cos mine is black and only heard of the orange cars coming through. Has anyone elase ordered a black car?
Welsh - The deal we got, was the stock price but included

Front Mudflaps - fitted
Set of Cloth Mitsi mats
Wheels changed for 7 spokes
side mitsi czc bright trims - fitted
boot mitsi bright trims - fitted
Registration fee
Road tax 1 year
3 years servicing

they are also fitting bright (stainless) number plate surrounds which i ssued to them.

How are you getting on with your car?
im getting on great with my car absolutely no problems to report i find it fun to drive and comfortable too although the weather has conspired the last week to make sure the roof remains firmly up but im sure not even my dealer could sort that out for me
Just had a call from the dealer, the car is finished, and in the showroom awaiting collection!
only one more night..... :-)
come on then tell us all about it, please.
been out all afternoon top down (yeah finally stopped raining here) plenty of looks and attention when i parked up on the seafront in Beaumaris i know it was the car they were looking at cause im ugly as sin or it may have been the music from the stereo system (the very best of power ballads......the greatest driving anthems ever!!!)

Edited by Pugugly on 13/04/2008 at 18:32

Bet you were popular - Beaumaris is pretty genteel on a Sunday afternoon, more likely to know the Bard's ballads than Gloria Whatserface !
We picked the car up, and all is great, the only comment i have is that with the clutch out (pedal released) the toe bearing makes a rumbling sound. Welshlad, does yours do the same?
Apart from that the car is stunning and welsh you are quite right, it turns heads wherever you go.
You get the feeling that people stop and stare when the sun hits the orange paintwork, when it comes into its own. (Its just a drab brick colour until that happens really).
We drove back fron Bury St. Edmunds to Lowestoft on Sat morning, with the top down, the kids in the back loving every second of the 1.5 hour journey (14 and 15yrs).

Its my wife's car so she drove it, and said the power surge is missing from the 1.5 turbo diesel colt the dealer gave us last week until ours came in. I am sure this going to sort itself out as the petrol has its power surge higher up the rev range than the diesel, and we are driving carefully at mo (Running in).

I have to say its a superb buy, and we are really pleased with it, and although there is a less than pretty angle from the rear, in all other respects its absolutely stunning.
We have the mitsi 7 spoke alloys on it, and they really set it off (beauty is in the eye of the beholder i guess) and the chrome mitsi side trims and boot trims give it a real touch of class.
A definate option to negociate in to your deal guys if to have front mudflaps.

I noticed the colt courtesy car did not have them, and any slight moisture, was sprayed up the underside of the sills all the way along. Ours with the flaps does not suffer from that at all.

Another nice touch, (but not strictly neccesary) are the optional bright pedals. the coutesey car had them, and they were missed when we took our new car. Again they add a real nice touch.

there are diffeent settings to display inside the cockpit, and its worth remembering that you can select instant mpg or average mpg, we fing the instant display to be meaning less really and go for miles left in the tank or av mpg on the screen. It does however display outside air temp time etc (time automatically adjust with the rds cd/mp3 player).

Everyone we have had round loves everything about the car, especially the price. It just comes as a shock when you tell them if you order it now the dealer will advise you wont get it before the end of july....

Our dealer told us that there are no discounts like ours available which i suppose puts the price up in real terms too. The dealer also said they have had to withdraw the advert from the telly too, as they currently have a backlog, of 'real' cars in the order of 830... wow!

Hope you guys get your cars soon, and i now know you won't be disappointed, its a little gem.

Enjoy!
cant say ive noticed any rumblings but i will keep an ear open, when you read though the handbook it does mention several sounds that happen during the normal running of the car that can cause alarm, this may be one of them

i actually regret not going for some of the options but its not worth the outlay for me as i will only have the car 3 years and then have to shell out again for exactly the same on
the new car

Edited by welshlad on 13/04/2008 at 21:57

Just locking this as it approaches the 100 mark

Volumes 1 and 3 are here.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=57417

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=62214

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 14/04/2008 at 01:05