1995,1.25cc,Zetec, Can anyone identify this sensor - Lee27
Please help me to identify this sensor (click link below),

The problem i'm having is the rubber pipes linking this sensor are blowing off, the sensor seems to be blocked or is this normal.
I,ve taken the part to a FORD dealer and none of the tech's know what it does or called.

www.flickr.com/photos/25060119@N05/?saved=1

Lee
1995,1.25cc,Zetec, Can anyone identify this sensor - Screwloose
Lee

That's a weird one. It could be an exhaust gas pressure sensor. Does the pipe run to the exhaust?

If the pipes blow off; the cat may have collapsed.
1995,1.25cc,Zetec, Can anyone identify this sensor - mfarrow
It could be an exhaust gas pressure sensor.

Spot on, or to be pedantic "Exhaust Pressure Transducer (EPT) sensor" in Ford jargon.

From the pictures there don't appear to be any hose clips. Are/were these allocated on the Ford parts system?
1995,1.25cc,Zetec, Can anyone identify this sensor - elekie&a/c doctor
As previously suggested this is the EPT sensor and is connected to a "restriction" on the exhaust system by 2 hi-temp flexi hoses.There are no hose clips fitted.The same sensor can be found on early mondeo models.If the pipes are being blown off then it would appear there is a blockage in exhaust system.Btw the car will run fine with this sensor out of circuit.hth
Thanks for all your quick replies,

Yes it is connected to the exhaust, I have had the back box replaced and there is no CAT fitted to the car, the sensor it self seems to be blocked.

Thanks Again!!
Lee
1995,1.25cc,Zetec, Can anyone identify this sensor - Screwloose
Lee

If you're in the UK; then there will be a cat.

There is normally a slight vacuum in an exhaust system; if it's pressurizing - it's blocked.
OK Thanks i'll check it tomorrow and let you know how i'am getting on

Lee
1995,1.25cc,Zetec, Can anyone identify this sensor - rosco
the sensor is called a dpfegr it measures a diferencial pressure in your egr pipe basicly your cats blocked
rosco

Edited by rosco on 28/03/2008 at 11:14

1995,1.25cc,Zetec, Can anyone identify this sensor - rosco
check your egr system
rosco
Thanks for your reply.
Can you tell me the best way to check the system.

Thanks
Lee
I would like to thank everyone who helped me, I needed a complete new exhaust inc. the cat.

Thanks again
Lee