2006 2.4D - Anti Skid sensor replacement - Durelli_tyres
Hi,

the Anti Skid warning light as been intermittantly coming on on my Volvo.

After a couple of visits to the dealer they said the sensor needed replacing, they would order the sensor and arrange a time to fit the sensor. After a delay and pushing by me, the car went back and instead of fitting the sensor as agreed they have uploaded new software to the Anti Skid system.

There was some discussion that I may have had the Dignostic software loaded, and now I just have the Vanilla software loaded.

Is this a sensible course of action? If they identify a part needs replacing, should they replace it?

It's interesting that there is no record of this on the job card, it is all word of mouth.

thanks for any input,

Durelli

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 27/03/2008 at 18:36

Volvo Anti Skid sensor replacement - Dynamic Dave
Can you elaborate?

A Volvo What?

year/engine - as per the 3 separate requests that ask for it to be included within the subject line.

Ta.
Volvo Anti Skid sensor replacement - Dude - {P}
Without knowing the model of Volvo, are you sure a recent VOSA brake recall on C30, S40 & V50 is not also relevant ?

www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/searches/expand....k
Volvo Anti Skid sensor replacement - Durelli_tyres
Hi,

sorry didn't realise it would be a model specific question.

This is a 2006 Volvo V70 with the 2.4D engine. {added -DD}

Its not a recall, I initiated this work because the warning light on the dash came on.

Durelli

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 27/03/2008 at 18:37

Volvo Anti Skid sensor replacement - Durelli_tyres
Hi,

so no comments if Diagnostic software would be more likely to cause the warning light to come on than the standard software in a Anti Skid computer system?

I would think the software would behave in the same way, just the diagnostic software would record more information so if a mechanic was to plug in a dignostic computer would have more information available to help identify the problem.

cheers

Durelli
Volvo Anti Skid sensor replacement - Screwloose
Durelli

Sorry to say this; but there's not one hard fact here. All just waffle about different kinds of software that simply don't exist.

So you had an ABS light on - what was the code?

Yes; these systems can produce a false rear wheel-speed sensor code and there's a software fix for it - which seems to have been done.

Did that fix it?