2004 1.6tdci EGR valve failure - mrp26
Just been told the EGR (or EGI) valve on my 37k C-Max needs replacing. I am apparently 2 months outside the Ford Goodwill elgibility criteria.

It was bought 2nd hand from main dealer and has been main dealer serviced since is there any chance I could persuade the nice men from Dagenham to contribute? Or should I just cough up the £400?
2004 1.6tdci EGR valve failure - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
A VW independent replaced my EGR valve on the Passat for ~£160. I thought that was expensive for what looked like a small item.
£400 seems very expensive if it is a similar job. If no goodwill forthcoming try a recommended independent.
GWS - thanks for the advice - unfortunately the car is already at the dealer. It was due a service and only started playing up 2 days before I took it in - I mistakenly thought the service would cure the poor running (naive!). The car's pretty lumpy at the moment and we need it for work so it's going to have to be done at the dealer.

I get my older (and much better) Focus done a good independent. Have a feeling this is the last time I buy a car under 3 years old and get caught up in the horror of main dealer charges (& service). Looks like I'll be writing Mr Ford a begging letter

Cheers
2004 1.6tdci EGR valve failure - qxman {p}
£400?! Oh dear! I thought Fords were supposed to be cheap to run.

Edited by qxman {p} on 04/03/2008 at 19:33

2004 1.6tdci EGR valve failure - Chris M
Have a look on the Focus forums - very common failure. Someone there may be able to give you their personal experience of getting Ford to contribute.
Chris - thanks for useful hint - rather than the "ho ho" comments of others
2004 1.6tdci EGR valve failure - MikeTorque
Have you been able to progress with this one mrp26 ?
Be interested what you find out as this is of interest to anyone with a motor with a 1.6TDCi engine.