Dice back in fashion or not? - franco
Today while spoilt for choice when buying an air freshener I convinced myself that I had made the best choice, but then got home and realised I had just bought two fluffy dice. I was thinking of giving them away, but Googled a bit and was reassured on a number of sites that they are a "retro classic" and are "back in fashion".

Since I don't want to be pulled over by the fashion police I'd be interested to know where other motorists stand on the fluffy dice issue.
Dice back in fashion or not? - Lud
Bit of a toss-up really.

Sometimes they seem best sharp-edged, coloured and transparent (so you can see they aren't loaded) like Las Vegas craps, sometimes the pink fluffy sort seem sort of cosier, knowImean?

All depends whether you want to chuck them across the baize or sleep with them I guess.
Dice back in fashion or not? - Boggy
I bought some ages ago as an air freshener and when the smell was no more, I left 'em hanging there! Does anyone know where I can by an eight-track player and one of those black louvred grilles for my back window? :-)
Dice back in fashion or not? - DP
This was the only amusing thing when SWMBO's old mk2 Astra was stolen. It turned up about 25 miles away, completely vandalised. Every pane of glass broken, every bit of trim Stanley knifed, every panel dented (complete with boot prints). The standard Philips radio wasn't worth nicking, so they'd smashed the facia in with a hammer - ditto the instrument panel... etc etc. You get the idea. It was a comprehensive job by some particularly determined piles of human excrement.

Anyhow, among this destruction were the fluffy dice, still swinging forlornly from the rear view mirror in the breeze, and completely undamaged.

Cheers
DP
Dice back in fashion or not? - ForumNeedsModerating
I always view (if in view) fluffy dice in a car as a sort-of 'nature's warning' - a bit like red berries or fungi with dandruff - keep away, driver driving according to the laws of chance.
Dice back in fashion or not? - franco
"driver driving according to the laws of chance"

That sounds about right for me. I'd better put a dice up straight away then.
Dice back in fashion or not? - Group B
A mate of mine had a pair of full size black fluffy dice in his Mk1 Golf Gti, when they became uncool he left them in there, right until recently..
"driver driving according to the laws of chance"

Actually I agree with this! Was going to say my mate is a careful driver but then thinking about it, I started remembering some of the crazy things he's done in cars. He has a mildly eccentric outlook on cars and motoring.

Would not have them in my car, not my cup of tea, but I dont have strong feelings against them. Prefer not to have any clutter in my line of vision; that goes for magic trees and traffic light air fresheners too.

;o)

Edited by Rich 9-3 on 19/02/2008 at 10:27

Dice back in fashion or not? - hugopogo
I have a set of cow print fluffy dice. I'm really not sure why... They just appeared one day smelling of lavender. Fashion is irrelevant to me though
Dice back in fashion or not? - PoloGirl
I've got heirloom fluffy dice. They're black with white spots. They went from the Passat driver's first car (a polo) to his golf, to another golf... then got handed on to me when I got my first VW (Polo) and are now in the boot of my Golf. Thinking about it, they must be getting on for 14 years old!
Dice back in fashion or not? - Lud
getting on for 14 years old!

I've often wondered: does the fluff wear off over time?
Dice back in fashion or not? - PoloGirl
No but I think a couple of the dots have dropped off!

Dice back in fashion or not? - Pugugly {P}
The Mods have some Pink Fluffy ones as well !