2004 ex police 3.2 heater and wiring probs - Lotus mad
Hi, i've just picked up an ex Thames Valley Police Omega and all is pretty much ok apart from the heater. To start i think it needs a new thermostat as the temp needle barely lifts off of cold, but the heater has no heat at all now. I say now, coz when i picked it up it had a bit of warmth coming out, but since i removed the climate control panel to sort out the stereo etc theres absolutely no heat at all, and it was -2 degrees this morning so wasn't fun! Also, i can't get it to blow on the screen, and when you alter the direction of the airflow (ie floor, face level and screen) it doesn't change at all, just seems to be a mix of face level and floor. Now i did a search on here and i read something about resetting the climate control unit. Is this required after its been disconnected?

Second prob. As you'd expect with an ex-police car theres been a bit of butchery to the wiring. All seems ok though, apart from the fact theres no way to turn the traction control off. I have no manuals with the car, but i assume as with all other TC cars, you can turn the darned thing off if you want to. There is a button on the centre console above the electric boot release button that has a little green dot sticker on it and the wires to the switch have all been cut. Anyone know if this is the TC button?

Thanks for your help.

Jonathan

Edited by Lotus mad on 11/02/2008 at 18:51

2004 ex police 3.2 heater and wiring probs - topbloke
the climate control and heating distribution are vacum controlled so chech the vac pipes under the bonnet, there are loads, a leak in one pipe will have a big impact as even the heater valve is vac controled and needs it to allow hot water into matrix. if you have the dash that has the switches either side of the radio hole the tc switch is the middle one off the three right hand side (nearest steering wheel), top rear sunblind if fitted, middle tc, third boot realease, according to my wireing diagrams there are only three wires to tc switch grey/yellow, brown, brown/red,
hope this helps
2004 ex police 3.2 heater and wiring probs - SpamCan61 {P}
I had a similar problem on my lovely green vectra after I'd changed the backlight bulbs on the climate control panel. Turned out although the connectors to the control unit looked and felt like they were pushed fully home, I gave them an extra push, and then all was OK.
2004 ex police 3.2 heater and wiring probs - Lotus mad
That was exactly the problem!! Gave the multiplugs on the back an extra push and one of them wasn't clicked fully home. Heat was instantly restored! Thanks for your help...