MPV Tyres - Mazda-Man
I'm in need of 2 new tyres for my Mazda MPV. Those which were supplied with the car are Bridgestone Turanza ER30 size 215/60/R16/95H and the rear set are fine but the front pair are past their best now. The best quote I've had so far for that size is just over £100 each (fully inc.) for Michelin Primacy at Costco. I have no great knowledge of tyres and am no boy racer so can anyone suggest a better choice and/or a better price? Location Bromley Kent.

Many thanks as always forumites :)

Edited by Mazda-Man on 10/02/2008 at 11:59

MPV Tyres - gordonbennet
You could try these people, delivery quick but you'll have to get them fitted, those marked XL should be suitable for mpv's with extra weight. I'd recommend Vreds to anyone.

tinyurl.com/26xmxd
MPV Tyres - astrabob
Also try www.mytyres.co.uk

They do deliver quickly, and their website lists places where you can get them fitted.
MPV Tyres - R75
I always use these guys now: tinyurl.com/32t3pd seems like there are a few of your size for far less!!! I fitted Firestone TZ200's to our MPV, but they don't seem to do them in the size you require!!!! But that link gives plenty of other choices.
MPV Tyres - Dynamic Dave
www.blackcircles.com

If you put "blackcircles discount code" (without the quotes) into google, you'll get several sites come up mentioning a 5% discount code that you enter when buying the tyres. (discounts do not apply to special offer tyres).

Some codes are valid, some have expired. Trial and error really. eg, pistonheads, EMP001, RRAF, are still valid codes.
MPV Tyres - J1mbo
You say you don't know much about tyres so I wonder why you chose the Primacy's rather than the OEM fit? I know most Mazda's are designed for a certain type of tyre with a certain compound. This is certainly true of the MX5, RX8 and 6, the places I've rung all say the same thing and so do Mazda. Not sure about the MPV, but unless your replacing all of them, I'd stick to the same on all fours.
MPV Tyres - Mazda-Man
I assure you it's not just tyres I don't know much about - DD can testify to that :)

Seriously, the sole reason for mentioning the others was the response I got when ringing around various suppliers such as Kwik Fit etc. Both Pirelli P6 and the Michelin Primacy were offered as suitable options in that size for the Mazda MPV and having looked at various review sites it looked as broad as it did long. Is that not the case? I've often had cars with different front and rear sets without any apparent problems.

I've since found this mobile company who can apparently supply/fit the ER30 OEM fit tyre for £110 fully incl. which sounds very reasonable. They also list quite a few other options their site for that size but don't specify which may be suitable for an MPV so I guess I'll have to call them to make sure which might be an option. Has anyone here ever tried these people?

www.event-tyres.co.uk/quotation/results.php

Edited by Mazda-Man on 11/02/2008 at 08:44

MPV Tyres - DP
Micheldever Tyres did me 2x 205/60 16H Michelin Energys (OEM fit) for the Scenic for £167.00 inc VAT, fitting and balancing. Good Year NCT5's would have been £17 cheaper, or Conti PremiumContacts £25 more. I stuck with the Michelins as I was only replacing two, and it kept everything the same.

They're in Hampshire, just off the A303 at Popham, but are part of the Protyre group who have branches all over the Midlands and South.

www.protyre.co.uk has an on-line quote and stock checker. Just had a quick look for 215/60 16 Vs and they have Dunlop SP Sport 200s for £55 each, Kumhos for £62, Yokohamas for £78 and Good Years for £97. All their quoted prices are fully inclusive, which makes a nice change from some other outfits I could mention.

Cheers
DP

Edited by DP on 11/02/2008 at 08:53

MPV Tyres - Mazda-Man
Got the job done yesterday - decided to stay with the ER30's as a known entity and support local business by using a small local independent outlet who were very helpful. They couldn't quite match the internet price I was quoted so we split the difference at £230 for the pair. They've fitted the old rear pair on the front and put the new ones on the back so I imagine I'll be buying another pair in the not too distant future. Anyway job done :)

Edited by Mazda-Man on 05/03/2008 at 12:02