1996 TD - left hand indicators on all the time - catlika
my indicators on the near side stay on all the time has anyone got any ideas
thanks

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 09/02/2008 at 20:31

indicators please help td - ChicksFan
What year and model?
Do you mean they don't cancel after going round a corner?
Or do you mean when you switch the ignition on the left hand indicators begin straightaway to operate?
What happens when you indicate to turn right, do all six flash?
indicators please help td - catlika
1996 td i mean they are on all the time with or without the key in all ok when turning right and the hazzards dont work
thanks
indicators please help td - Fullchat
Think you could find its the indicator switch. Well known problem on the Peugeot range. Its the complete unit which fits onto the steering column. I would eliminate the flasher relay first though which is the cheaper component.
Now I've read your latest post it might not be what I thought. The main clue is that the indicators are on when the ignition is off. Normal indicators only work with ignition on. But the hazards work with ignition on or off. Hazard light relay - if there is one??
indicators please help td - Screwloose

Might be the hazard switch itself; but has it got an alarm system fitted?
indicators please help td - catcher
You don't say whether they are flashing or just on - I'm assuming you mean they are not flashing in which case I had a similar problem once. In the end I tracked it down to corrosion in the 7 pin socket on the towbar causing a short circuit. The permanent live in the socket was shorting into one side of the indicators. (Having said that it wouldn't explain the hazards not working)

Edited by catcher on 09/02/2008 at 21:44

its a factory fitted alarm
indicators please help td - elekie&a/c doctor
Some of these have an alarm control module under the rear seat.Lift the drivers side rear seat cushion and take a look up behind the rear backrest.If there is a module located here try disconnecting this.hth
still same prod took all bulbs out/hazzard switch out /stork out and still stays on in the dash ???? anyone any ideas
thanks
As above - alarm module. Did the indicators flash when you set the alarm before the problem?

Edited by Fullchat on 12/02/2008 at 00:18

indicators please help td - RichardW
Like wot he said ^^ - either the alarm controller has taken a bath under the seat (leaking matrix or windscreen seal), or the relay contacts are welded shut for the indicators - not unknown.