(02-07) Bouncing drivers window - uselesseddy
Help, The drivers window on my Mazda 6 will not rest at the top, it bounces back down to halfway, any ideas?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 04/02/2008 at 10:14

Bouncing drivers window - drivewell
What, a fault on a Mazda 6? Surely not!

Probably the anti-pinch system. Either a sensor has failed, moved position or fallen off, or some other failure within the anti-pinch.

Anyone know if this is switch/sensor based,or if the anti-pinch detects increased load on the motor (ie. resistance to further upward movement).

I guess there must be some sort of switch that tells the window electrics that it has reached the top of its travel. This is not happening, your window thinks it is hitting an obstruction, and is therefore doing what it is supposed to do, i.e., going back down.
Bouncing drivers window - Screwloose

Mazdas always had drivers leccy window problems; right back to the days when the rest was 100% reliable.

Isn't there a learning procedure in the handbook? Did this start after a battery change?
Bouncing drivers window - AR-CoolC
A colleague had a 6 which had a drivers window stop working. It turned out to be a fault with the motor/control box (can't remember the exact problem now) and needed a whole new mechanism.

The dealer part was on back order at the time, giving the impression it wasn't the only car to have that fault.
Bouncing drivers window - uselesseddy
Thanks all, for the help, the battery hasn't been changed recently, however on further investigation yesterday i noticed that if you gently hold/pull the switch upwards its fine, it seems as if there is two stages to the switch, with the 2nd stage being the auto up bit, however looking at the handbook now (which i should have done before posting!) it may need resetting. Thanks again.