Battery disposal - bathtub tom
My daughter bought a new battery for her Micra, and conveniently (for her) left the old one in my garage. I know I can take it down the local tip, but I'm sure I've read here quite recently that they're worth a few bob (Bell Boy I think - What's happened to him?)
I've tried the local scrap metal dealers, who aren't interested.
Any ideas?
Battery disposal - OldSock
A 'few' bob? Well, possibly three..... so that's 3x5 = 15p :-)

Either take it to your local recycling centre, or keep it fully charged as a 'helping hand'. Batteries often don't fail completely, so can be used for less 'arduous' tasks.

Scrap metal merchants would only be interested if you had a few tonnes of batteries....
Battery disposal - FotheringtonThomas
If you've got a lot of them, a scrap metal merchant will buy them. They're not individually greatly valuable, however, so I shold indeed just take the thing to the local "tidy tip" and put it in their recycling box.
Battery disposal - normd2
I've still got a huge battery from the Pug 505 diesel - it can't turn an engine over but it still provides enough power for lighting when camping. The local Civic Amenity Site (aka the dump) will happily take any old batteries.
Battery disposal - Clk Sec
I recently bought a battery from Halfords and they gave me a £2 gift voucher in exchange for the old one.

Doesn?t help you, I know?

Clk Sec