Small Car - Xvolvo
I have been driving a Volvo S80 and was looking for a replacement diesel estate. Thanks to your site, I researched the Honda Accord CDTi, its price of services/parts/tyres, insurance, etc.

The Honda seemed to fit the bill. However, it did not fit in another way: I went to a local dealer and asked to have a look around one.

The small clearance between the driver's seat and the roof meant that my head was pressing against the roof and my eyes were level with the bottom of the sun visor even when the seat was at its lowest. (Magnificent view of the bonnet through the tinting windscreen)

I am only 6 foot tall with 31 inch inside leg (Hope this isn't too much information) so it should fit.

Would be buyers over 6 foot would be well advised to have a sit in the CDTi before even considering looking into other details.

Having said that, if anyone out there knows better than the salesman* how to lower the seat further, I'd be glad to hear. And if you do, consider yourself one up on Honda Technical Dept., who were "out for the day".

*who seemed a little light on facts and enthusiasm.
Small Car - Pica
I had the saloon EX for 3 years and I am 6ft 2" and did not have this problem. You can electrically higher and lower the drivers seat (switch on right hand side of the seat)
Small Car - Dipstick
One of the reasons I chucked the Accord off the list at last purchase was that the woman's side seat has no height adjustment, which seems a mad omission. So Mrs D couldn't see well enough ahead to complain effectively about my driving. No use.
Small Car - Xvolvo
Pica
The seat adjustment was via a handle that was pumped on the right hand side of the driver's seat. The salesman worked this like the village pump until (he said) the seat had descended as far as it would go.

Your height must be in your legs, mines in the body (footballers' legs). He had me sit in the saloon, and that was no improvement.

There is a possibility that the salesman was duff - there's a second dealership near by; I'll give it a 2nd go.

Dipstick
Has your wife seen this? Strangely enough the "woman's side" (I like it) seat was marginally better - I didn't need the sunroof open.

Many moons back, I suffered like this in a Volvo 480 and a Reliant Scimitar - I couldn't even get into the Scimitar.
Small Car - David Horn
Dipstick - surely there can't be too many cars with a height adjuster for the passenger seat?
Small Car - Dipstick
"surely there can't be too many cars with a height adjuster for the passenger seat?"

I dunno - I think I've had that on most of the cars I've had after leaving the Renaults of my youth behind years back, mostly because they rattled themselves to death within three months, and a car with any rattles being a bête noire of mine.

It wasn't a deal-breaker on the Accord, but it was "just one more thing" that made it not quite right for us, which was a real shame. I loved most of it. Mrs D really went off it after a moment's inevitable girliness with her handbag led to a tailgate chinning situation on the extended test drive, and she looked at it with narrowed eyes for some time after that.

I had no problems with fitting in the car, I have to say, and I'm only a tad under six foot. Mrs D might prefer me to rearrange the last three words there, but that's another story.
Small Car - Pica
You're right! we must be different shapes because I also had a Reliant Scimitar for 13 years and I had no problem with that either :)
Small Car - Bill Payer
I am only 6 foot tall with 31 inch inside leg (Hope this isn't too
much information) so it should fit.

I'm exactly the same dimensions and had an Accord Exec CDTi on test for a few days (a couple of yrs ago now) but don't recall any issue with seeing out of it. I'm pretty sure if there had been an auto version I would have bought one.
Small Car - drivewell
was seat back maybe too upright?
Small Car - drivewell
I have been driving a Volvo S80 and was looking for a replacement diesel estate.
Thanks to your site I researched the Honda Accord CDTi its price of services/parts/tyres insurance
etc.

Care to tell us why you're not looking for a V70 D5?
Small Car - Andy P
Odd that - I'm an inch under 6ft and I've got plenty of clearance between my head and the roof in my Type-S. Did the CDTi you tried have a sunroof? These can easily rob you of headroom. If so, find one without - with DZCC you don't need one.
Small Car - ijws15
I am 6' 2" and have no problems in an Executive (with sunroof). I do not sit with the seat at the bottom of its travel either.

Perhaps the salesman was pumping the seat up instead of down!
Small Car - helicopter
And I am 6 ' 1" and with my long body and short legs I have no problem with the clearance in my 2.4 Ex Accord Tourer even with the sun roof.

The seat adjusts by means of two electric levers on right hand side of seat squab, front one does forward and back , raise and lower - all you need to do is push in the required direction.

Rear adjusts the rake of the back and then there is also a manual lumbar support lever on the left of the seat back .

I would go and have another sit in one, have a play with seat positions. I would be very surprised if you can't get one that suits you.
Small Car - helicopter
Oh and talking of Scimitars ---- I could and did fit into the Scimitar GTE owned by my brother which I would look after for him whenever he went abroad - looking after meant giving it a good old run on a Sunday and posing outside the pub....well in my defence , I was a lot younger then.

One of the reasons I bought the tourer version of the Accord is because it reminds me so much of the Scimitar , particularly from the rear.

Small Car - cattleman6
Xvolvo. This surprises me. I am almost 6 feet tall and when I recently hired a 2.4 Honda Accord automatic in Cape Town my head didn't touch the ceiling. I know people are all different shapes and sizes, and different Honda Accords in different countries may have different fittings. A while back when I sat in the drivers seat of the Lexus IS 250 it felt incredibly comfortable, but my head was near the ceiling.