1.6 Stylance opinions please - EoinM
Hi all - new member but long term reader. I was wondering if anybody had any advice/experience of the new model Seat Leon 1.6 Stylance. Living in the Rep of Ireland where anything over a 1.6 makes zero sense due to tax and insurance reasons I'm considering a 2006 one of these as a replacement for my 04 Focus 1.4 (great car, gutless engine). Good upgrade or not? I have found a clean low mileage one with the Sport Pack with FSH. Feel free to make any other suggestions. Priorities are Economy, Handling, Reliability and Comfort but not necessarily in that order and i cover about 15-16k a year. Diesel 06's are out of my price range unfortunately so petrol is it...

Cheers in advance.

Eoin

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 08/01/2008 at 17:36

1.6 Stylance opinions please - Altea Ego
Fun car and good looking. Take that comfort option out of your requirement tho - its ride is firm at the best of times - with sports pack will rattle your bones badly.
Thanks for that Altea Ego. Thats kinda worrying me. Test drive was on nice smooth roads - dealer chose the route! It ticks all the boxes otherwise for me. Stands out more another Focus or Golf as its just that litle bit different and the spec list is huge. Must try and get a second drive on proper Irish roads...
1.6 Stylance opinions please - maz64
Had a 1.6 (not sure of trim) while our 200bhp FR (no longer with us, sigh) was having its alarm fixed. Despite the power difference, was good fun, perhaps because more involving due to having to work harder. Would be quite happy to own one based on the <1 week we had it, and wouldn't bother forking out for the normal 2.0.
Thats a good recommendation especially from someone who ran a Leon FR. The plan is upgrade to one of those in a year or too when my insurance premium gets more sensible (?1100 for a 25 year old, full licence and 2yr NCB).