2004 1.5 sport - Exhaust problems - catalyst2
The back part of the exhaust on my Suzuki Ignis 1.5 Sport (2004 -04 plate) has snapped and the mechanic who welded the 2 bits together told me that the bracket part was totally corroded and the rear part of the exhaust would need replacing. An expensive job as it's a special order, £300+ just for the back part, apparently (according to ATS difficult to get hold of).

1) Is this "normal"? (I have only done 20,000 miles)

2) Could I expect any goodwill gesture from Suzuki? (on the grounds that it should last a little longer!)

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 04/01/2008 at 12:22

Exhaust problems - Falkirk Bairn
20K in 4 years - sounds like lots of short stop/start trips - that's the reason for the exhaust falling apart - you need to use the car more!!

£300 for a back box - it;s a Suzuki not an Audi A8 - try somewhere else - phone around - all you can do is save money.
Exhaust problems - Aprilia
Those 1.5 Sport Ignis are quite rare so I suspect there is no standard 'pattern' part available in the UK. ATS are probably quoting for a dealer part with their own mark-up and fitting.
You have four options I think:

1. Dealer part (go direct to dealer).
2. S/hand part from a breaker.
3. Aftermarket 'sports' box - there may be one or two suppliers for these.
4. Custom box from a stainless steel fabricator.
Exhaust problems - GolfR_Caravelle_S-Max

About 2 years too late. bit of a bump of this thread... Anyway, I am having a garage clearout and have a good condition cat-back exhaust for an Ignis Sport if anyone is interested... otherwise Ebay.... Location Hampshire / Surrey / West Sussex