Peugeot 306 - Oilburner
3 problems I hope you can help with!

Firstly, when raining overnight I find the drivers footwell is saturated with water. No other part of the vehicle is affected and windows are fully shut. Any ideas.

Secondly when operating central locking the hatchback remains independant of the system, ie when shut stays shut and when unlocked stays unlocked.

Lastly driverslock cylinder. Key can be inserted but not turned either left or right.

Any help appreciated
Peugeot 306 - Andy P
The wet footwell sounds like a leak through possibly the seal inside the driver's door or the front offside wheel arch.

The hatch may be like that on the Cavalier - you could lock it, and it would remain locked even when the central locking was used. That should be described in the handbook. Otherwise, it's a knackered motor.

Finally, this is the same problem I had on my last Cavalier, and it's basically a worn lock cylinder. I eventually swapped the driver and passenger lock cylinders around, since I never used the passenger one anyway. Otherwise, new lock cylinder required. Before you do, though, try some WD40 to see if it'll loosen up.

Andy
Peugeot 306 - JohnD
Maybe your water leak is similar to our Saxo. Before I ran some mastic along it, the rain came in through the bottom of the windscreen.
Peugeot 306 - Richard Hall
It's worth checking the door seal on the driver's side to make sure it isn't damaged. I had a small tear in the top corner of the seal in my Polo, and after a night of heavy rain there was half an inch of water in the driver's side footwell. Since I replaced the seal, the car has been bone dry inside.

Richard Hall
bangernomics.tripod.com
Peugeot 306 - Rob E
s**den driver's footwell could be a split in the bulkhead seal on that side. A neighbour's new Mondeo had exactly the same problem!

Hope this helps!
Rob E
Peugeot 306 - M.M
Here are some more "could be" thoughts

Water could be blocked drains at either end of the heater housing under the bonnet,and behind the engine bulkhead - common problem.

The drivers lock could be worn but also seizing is common due to water ingress. BXs and ZXs can suffer the same. The lock is quite cheap.

I have recently looked at a couple of ZXs with the hatchback c/lock failure. Either solenoid or the return spring inside the lock.

David W
Peugeot 306 - Simon
To find your water leak, dry up most of the water in the footwell and sit in the car while someone gives it a good drenching with a hose pipe. Hopefully this will give you some idea from which direction/area the water is coming.

The boot lock, I would think would be a knackered central locking motor or possibly a bad connection/wiring fault.

The drivers door lock is most likely to be a worn barrel or could possibly be a worn key. This is assuming it is actually the correct key for the lock, ie has it ever worked in the lock. Have you got a spare key that you can try also?
Peugeot 306 - Stargazer {P}
There has been some discussion of the cause of water leaks on the forum before and it turned out to be a missing water barrier
after some door maintenance.

Just a random thought, perhaps the water leak and locking faults are related. A failed attempt to fix a damaged door lock (attempted theft?) might result in some cables left disconnected/shorted affecting the hatch and if the plastic door lining (water seal) is left off when the trim panel is replaced then the drivers door will leak in heavy rain.

I would remove the trim panel and check the internals of the door and for the presence of the polythene/plastic water barrier.
Peugeot 306 - Armitage Shanks {p}
There are a number of holes in the bulkhead/firewall where wiring and the steering column come thru. Any of these could be leaking if the grommet or sealing plug is damaged or perished. Additionally the drain holes to the cold air intake box (is it called a plenum?) may be blocked, causing a build up of water which could be getting into the car. I had this with a Ford and sealed the grommets with some vile smelling clear mastic applied with one of those squirty guns. Good luck
Peugeot 306 - Stargazer {P}
Here is the link from the backroom archive.....I thought it was familiar, same model of car!

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=i&t=40...1

cheers

Ian
Peugeot 306 - Peter
On our Peugeot, despite a series of tests we could not locate the leak. I decided to replace the windscreen seal, we found large scale corrosion in the body work adjacent to the window seal above the driver's footwell. The corrosion was removed, copious amounts of sealant applied and the window refitted. No further leaks.

HTH.

Peter
Peugeot 306 - terryb
If none of the above finds the water leak and the car is supposed to have a pollen filter check that's still there. Colleague had exactly that problem with a Focus after servicing by a well-known main dealer.

Terry