2003 Zetec S - alarm problem. - mcyoon
Hello,

I have an intermittant problem with the alarm (factory fit) on my 53 plate Zetec S.
The car locks correctly ie press the lock button twice but the lights don't flash, then sometimes the alarm goes off a short while later.

Anyone had a similar problems or ideas, Cheers

Euan

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 13/12/2007 at 18:14

2003 Zetec S - alarm problem. - shadyarea
i to had the same problem on my 2001 zetec at the time the only thing i done different to any other time when iv checked oil level was to lower the bonnet and push shut instead of dropping it opened it dropped it shut lights flashed and alarm hasnt gone off since.hope this helps

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 14/12/2007 at 01:08

2003 Zetec S - alarm problem. - AgentSmith77
dodgy door or boot sensor I would hazard a guess. does pushing on the door or boot cause the lights to flash after failing to flash before?

(idea comes from: you can pre-arm the alarm and then close the door on the mk3's, the lights should then flash)

2003 Zetec S - alarm problem. - paul c
I have exactly the same problem. Double locking does not result in an indicator flash and the alarm sometimes goes off up to an hour after locking up. I have taken the roof interior light cluster down to check the sensors for spiders dirt etc. All clean and well. This must be a common fault. Any result on a fix?
I think this may help.
Put the car into test mode by turning the ignition on whilst holding the heated rear screen button. When you release the screen button you should get a chirp. Now test each alarm input sensor ie door switch boot open close etc each should be greated by a chirp. This means the signal was received. I found that the bonnet switch was defective on my car this way. I suspect you may have the same problem.
UPDATE. I replaced the hood latch (quite easy) and all is well with the alarm