1995 - centre vents only blowing cold air - jgcav
Hello, I have a `95 Cavalier and since i bought it 6 months ago the air vents in the centre of the dash board only blow cold air. The side vents and screen demisters blow warm air no probs. Any ideas where to start looking? Thanks Jaime.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 12/12/2007 at 18:35

Cavalier centre vents only blowing cold air - Dynamic Dave
Could be wrong, but from memory I think they're only designed to blow cold air. IIRC, somewhere in the handbook it refers to one of the heating / direction settings as "warm feet and cool head" mode.
Cavalier centre vents only blowing cold air - cheddar
I agree with DD, I had a '93 Cav and recall it only blowed cold from the centre vents.

EDIT: '93 Cav!

Edited by cheddar on 12/12/2007 at 18:38

Cavalier centre vents only blowing cold air - SpamCan61 {P}
Yep, Mk3 cavalier the same as Mk2, centre vents cold only. Can be a bit of a pain this time of year, as the vents never seem to shut off 100% properly and you don't really want cold air coming into the car when it minus 2 or whatever outside.
Cavalier centre vents only blowing cold air - Altea Ego
Yup,. one of the good things about the cav was the ability to zone the air cold and hot. I found it a very useful anbd comfortable system.
------
< Ulla>
Cavalier centre vents only blowing cold air - Pugugly {P}
Only bettered by the E46 BMW where you could either have cold air or warm air through the centre vents !
Cavalier centre vents only blowing cold air - Ruperts Trooper
I am at the age when memory can''t be relied upon - but I don't recall Cavalier mk3 ONLY blowing cold from centre vents - cooler than floor level certainly, but not cold - it has been 8 years since I had one.

As I ALWAYS had the air-con on, I think I'd have noticed such a design weakness.
Cavalier centre vents only blowing cold air - topbloke
cold air only on this model through center vents
Yep. Same answer on VxON as well.
Cavalier centre vents only blowing cold air - cheddar
Yep, defo cold only, I recall getting a 96 Vectra and missing the cold on face, hot of feet of the Cav.
Cavalier centre vents only blowing cold air - SpamCan61 {P}
As I ALWAYS had the air-con on I think I'd have noticed such a design
weakness.

Maybe the version with air-con behaved differently? I never had one of those :-(
Cavalier centre vents only blowing cold air - DP
Yup my mkII (no air con obviously) was the same. Toasty feet and cool face capability.

Shame the vents never closed properly though. They'd actually "whistle" at speed.

Cheers
DP
--
04 Grand Scenic 1.9 dCi Dynamique
00 Mondeo 1.8TD LX
Maybe the version with air-con behaved differently?

I had a Diplomat which had AC and still the centre vents only let out cold air.
Cavalier centre vents only blowing cold air - Altea Ego
I had a Diplomat

eewwwwwwwwww Get you.
------
< Ulla>
Not really RF.

Apart from the leather trim and AC, there weren't any other luxury toys to be found.
Cavalier centre vents only blowing cold air - Mapmaker
Excellent feature it was too. IIRC the Renault 21 did too.
1995 - centre vents only blowing cold air - Victorbox
Having owned a Mk 3 Cavalier for 15 years but not driven one for 3 years I dimly recall the centre vents giving out hot air only when the heater slider was on full heat - cold air on any other setting.