1997 TD - Lecky Window Failure - gary923
Chaps, It's me again!

My 306 D turbo 1997 offside electric window has not worked since I bought it a couple of months ago. I have removed the switch, dismantled it and cleaned it but still no activity.
I'm assuming that there must be a loose wire because the nearside window works fine which rules out there being a motor failure. My question is, is this a common fault and where is the best place to start looking.

Regards, Gary.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 10/12/2007 at 12:57

Lecky Window Failure - Screwloose
I'm assuming that there must be a loose wire because the nearside window works
fine which rules out there being a motor failure.

Uhh??
Lecky Window Failure - DP
Yup, doesn't make sense. Each window has a motor, so one working and one not can't rule out motor failure.

Unless you mean that one switch works and one doesn't in which case you have a switch or wiring fault.

306's are prone to wiring problems in the doors, and specifically inside that flexible plastic "hose" that goes from the A pillar into the door. The wires fatigue with the repeated opening and closing of the door, and eventually break.

Cheers
DP
--
04 Grand Scenic 1.9 dCi Dynamique
00 Mondeo 1.8TD LX
1997 TD - Lecky Window Failure - gary923
I was lead to believe that one motor supplied power to both windows. Obviously not the case after looking at the replies! Electrics are not my strong point (can you tell!!).