any owners out there - enough is enough
Hi

I am thinknig of buying a second hand 645 about 3 yrs old. Anyone got anything I should look out for?

Whats servicing like?

Thanks
any owners out there - OldSock
Anyone got
anything I should look out for?

Cheap fuel!
very funny, thats why Im worried!
any owners out there - BobbyG
This is beginning to have a troll feeling about it.....
--
2007 Seat Altea XL 2.0 TDI (140) Stylance
2005 Skoda Fabia vrS
any owners out there - daveyjp
Complaining about fuel prices then considering a V8 BMW!

I saw one at a garage today - three years old. Only thing I needed to look out for was a bag with £25,000 in it.
any owners out there - jbif
This is beginning to have a troll feeling about it.....

Now, now, BoobyG. The man is serious. He is also looking to buy his wife an X5 and is concerned about effect that the price of petrol has on people less well off than him "It places such a burden on hard working families who struggle to make ends meet. "

The original insult has been snipped from the other thread so snipped from here as well. For clarity it was enough is enough's comment about Nsar.

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 30/11/2007 at 17:57

. - enough is enough
Absolutely I am concerned for people who can't afford the fuel. I never said that I can't afford it, but there are millions of people who struggle to makes ends meet. Its not all about me you know! Unlike some people in this country I am able to put myself in other peoples shoes. There are people who can't afford the basics you know!

Why on earth is trying to look out for others narrow minded?
. - rtj70
Go for a diesel if concerned for mpg. Petrol and diesel is only going to get even more expensive.

Don't know what to look out for on a BMW X5 or 645 but I'd expect hefty bills to service and general maintenance. But when you can afford both an X5 and 645 at the same time money cannot be a big issue. For most of us it would be.
. - enough is enough
yep, the diesel is a deffo. The 6 would only be used at weekends for a bit of fun so MPG not a huge issue.

I didn't mean to cause offence to the earlier poster about fuel and the car etc etc, new to this so bear with me.
any owners out there - Nsar
What did I miss? Was it a good one?
I was moaning about fuel prices and then mentioned that I was looking to buy an X5 and a 6 series.

Didn't mean to upset anyone but it did I think, hence my apology.
any owners out there - jbif
What did I miss? Was it a good one?

No it was pretty pathetic. More on par with a trollosaurus and mentioned in my post above to draw attention to the state of mind of the o.p.
like I said I didn't mean to upset anyone and apologised but that just ain't good enough for some people.
any owners out there - Pugugly {P}
Let's move on on this please otherwise its binned.
happy to
any owners out there - Michael7
I've got a 545 3.5 years old (bought it at 21 months old from a BMW dealer for an amazing £27000, new is £42k for a plain one plus £10 extras on mine, but it doesn't have BMW navigation, that's why the low price).
Servicing is not much at all, like a normal car, as long as you phone around at your local dealerships, they have surprising price differences.
Economy is so and so, best is 33mpg with the radar cruise control at 75 on a motorway (one of the options mine has).
I want to replace the run flats though with normal tyres, these ones are very hard with the sport suspension and 18" alloys.

Be sure to get a WARRANTY, best is the BMW approved one.
any owners out there - Pugugly {P}
"the radar cruise control at 75 on"

I knew there was something else I missed on my BMW :-(

Warranty Direct is very very good - recent family experience.
any owners out there - CJay{P}
Warranty Direct is very very good - recent family experience.

Seconded. they paid for my turbo, no problems.