00 1.5 EML has come on but running o.k. - far0n
My 2000 Nissan Almera 1.5 had it's engine management light pop up the other day. So I pulled in at the side and rang the AA. The chap pulled up the engine diagnostics and it turned out to be an emissions oxygen sensor for the catalytic converter ( I think). The lad said it'll be fine as long as it's running ok then carry on your journey, but the light will probably come back on again (which it did). Now it's running perfectly well, just with the engine light on all the time. I just wanted to know, how important is the sensor in the grand scheme of things ? The engine's running normal, so is it just one of those things I can get sorted at the next service interval ?? Cheers

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 26/11/2007 at 19:50

00 1.5 EML has come on but running o.k. - Falkirk Bairn
My Honda had the same problem - paid the local franchise £60 to put it out - it might be a coincidence but this hgappened just after the Cat was cahnged.

It happened a good few time - always happened passing certain Mobile Phone masts.

Car ran OK, just disconnected the -ve terminal to put the light out.
00 1.5 EML has come on but running o.k. - bathtub tom
I had this on a '53 reg Almera.
It was not running fine, tending to surge, but because I couldn't get it fixed locally, I had to do 150 miles with it.
It used a tankful of petrol, and stank of the stuff. It must have been running as rich as can be. I felt sorry for anyone behind me on the M4 that day!
Fortunately it seems to have done no lasting damage to the cat or engine.

I suggest you get it fixed ASAP.
00 1.5 EML has come on but running o.k. - injection doc
It doesn't have to be the sensor to registra as a sensor. Its would be advisable to have it checked out. The AFM could be failing & triggering a sensor fault. Chains also wear triggering off emission related faults or cam & crank sensor errors.
Take it to someone that knows & don't leave it as it will end up costing more.
Doc