2001. stolen and recovered, unable to start engine - ade72
ive add this car for 2 months it cum with no keys. got a key an fob from dealers had it programed in but no joy it turns over but dont start can any 1 help plz????
thanks!!!!!
its a 2001 y 306 convertible

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 13/11/2007 at 10:15

2001. stolen and recovered, unable to start engine - Peter D
It sounds as if the keys, i.e. the immobiliser part, has not been associated to the the car so they fit and you can turn the alrm off but not start the car and there is no smell of fuel form the exhaust and no HT spark. Regards Peter
yes the alarm locks an opens car no smell off fuel an no spark
do u know wots the problem?????
ive add a man out an he says it shud start he tuned key 2 car but it still wont fire up
2001. stolen and recovered, unable to start engine - Dynamic Dave
do u know wots the problem?????

As Peter said

"It sounds as if the keys, i.e. the immobiliser part, has not been associated to the the car"

Not sure with Peugeot's, but with some other cars the ECU light flashes (or some other combination) if there is an immobiliser related fault (ie, transponder chip not communicating with the car)

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 13/11/2007 at 12:44

2001. stolen and recovered, unable to start engine - Screwloose

The other question is; how was it stolen? Did they have the keys, or has the ECU or BSI been swapped for one with a different transponder?

The only way to sort this is for a competent Peugeot-savvy man to hook up a good scanner and examine why the engine isn't starting.

If it's got a code of "start blocked by immobilizer," then the question of ECU to BSI matching must be investigated. Just coding keys into the BSI won't help much.

If it's been jump-started, or the battery has gone flat [near-certain] and the correct BSI wake-up procedure hasn't been followed; then the BSI may have forgotten or corrupted it's own software.

Such are the joys of salvage French cars.
2001. stolen and recovered, unable to start engine - Carse
Has the engine cut-off switch been tripped? It is usually in the passenger foot well behind a small cover. If the car has been bumped this switch can trip out and need re-setting before it will start.

Just one possible scenario

Carse
2001. stolen and recovered, unable to start engine - pmh
How do we know that we are not helping to steal the car?
--

pmh (was peter)

2001. stolen and recovered, unable to start engine - Peter D
The trip is a fuel pump cut off for safety and the OP has no spark or fuel. Good point though how was the car stolen/driven. Regards Peter
2001. stolen and recovered, unable to start engine - stuartl
>>>>>>>>>>>>How do we know that we are not helping to steal the car?

That was my first thought when I saw this thread as well pmh!!!!
i cum on here for help not to steal sumones car mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wen i got the car it add no battery an been studd for 5 years only done 13000 miles
the car wos found in a lock up wen i got it it cum with just the blade no remote fob
so i got a new key an fob from dealers.
2001. stolen and recovered, unable to start engine - the original horse
needs towing to dealer, and your very brave ressurecting a car that hasnt run for 5 years ?