Astra 1.8SXi Front seats - Eddie
Am considering buying Astra 1.8SXi.Road reports to date all seem favourable.However on recent short test drive we found both seats to be quite hard. even uncomfortable.I know it is supposed to be "sporty"But I would welcome comment from anyone on a"long drive" experience.I don't think different seats are an option.
Eddie
Astra 1.8SXi Front seats - Dizzy {P}
About 18 months ago I used an 'S' registered Astra diesel estate car for a business journey to three company sites in steps of about 130 miles, 30 miles and 45 miles with stops of a couple of hours in each place. The return journey (same day) was about 100 miles.

I really enjoyed driving the car except that the base and back of the seat felt like slabs of concrete after the first 40-odd miles. Backache set in and the rest of the day's journeys were excrutiatingly uncomfortable. On the return journey I had to stop every 20 miles or so and get out of the car for a few minutes to try and ease the pain.

On the other hand, owners of two similar Astras have told me that they have no problem at all with the seats.

Perhaps the seats simply did not suit my particular body shape but I have never suffered like this before or since. In my usual car I have travelled 300 miles without a stop and with no back problems whatsoever.
Astra 1.8SXi Front seats - John S
Eddie

We've had an Astra 1.8SXi since January. Absolutely no complaints about the seats - they are at least as good as my BMW. As for long trips - within a week of purchase we did a journey up the M5/M6 of about 230 miles, and found the seats absolutely fine. I find the extendable front edge of the cushion great, although my wife tends to push it back when she drives.

Dizzy is right though, these things can be subjective, given the differences in peoples build, height and weight. We're both tall and light if that helps!

By the way, the rest of the car is fine too.

Regards

John S