Tipo turbo diesel not starting>>> - needhelp
My 91 tipo turbo diesel wouldn't start today after running for about 3 hrs I came home for a while and when I went to leave it just spluttered for a while with no power then died.
Have checked for fuel which is present engine side but there seems to be no suction from the fuel pump. I disconnectd the fuel hose which runs from the filter to the pump and turned engine but no suction.
I tested the fuel solenoid and that is working fine even removed it just in case but still no fuel into the injectors.
Has anyone got any ideas as I would rather try repair my self as it will cost £600 for a new pump to be fitted but I can do it myself just need to know if anyone has any ideas about the cause and maybe a solution.
Tipo turbo diesel not starting>>> - M.M
NH,

Had a contact suffer this with a Rover last year and I was trying to give him advice on the phone.

He was convinced it was injector pump failure but it did sound badly air-locked to me.

In the end a got him to make up a simple "header" tank of a gear oil container and a bit of tube. With that connected to the filter inlet it fired up in a few seconds. Then he removed the temp tank and reconnected the car's fuel hoses and it started again with a couple of coughs and has been fine since.

Yours may be a different problem but worth a go.

David W
Tipo turbo diesel not starting>>> - needhelp
Thanx for your help have since tried this but to no avail but did source the problem at the same time. The fuel pipe from filter to pump had a tiny little split in it and so was preventing suction. The suction was pulling through the hole as it was easier to draw through than pull the diesel from the tank.
Anyway have since replaced all hosing just in case and have had NO problems since.