Get coins out of CD player - uk_in_usa
My Chrysler pacifica has one of those built in stereo systems with CD and DVD player

My 2 year old son pushed some coins in the CD player

Now you can hear the mechanism constantly whirring etc.

Does anyone have any clever ideas how to get the coins out of the slot? I'm at a loss
Get coins out of CD player - Nsar
Sounds like you might need professional help as you might do more damage fiddling about with it yourself.

Get coins out of CD player - bell boy
if the coins are magnetic?
see if you can beg borrow or steal a mechanics magnet on a stick to reterieve them?
or some bluetack on a straw if not
Get coins out of CD player - PoloGirl
A hoover with the skinny nozzle attachment on?
Get coins out of CD player - billy25
try a piece of thin but stiff wire with about an inch at the end bent into an "L" shape, slide it gently in from one side and try to feel the coin, if you can, try and slide the bent bit behind it and slowly draw it out. if that doesn't quite do it, try it with two pieces, from both sides in a pincer type movement.

Billy
Get coins out of CD player - Aprilia
Poking about in it will possibly damage it without any prospect of getting the coin out.

Take the unit out and take the cover off it and then get the coin out.
Get coins out of CD player - uk_in_usa
Take the unit out and take the cover off it and then get the coin
out.

That's the problem... this unit is built in to the central console. I can't even see any screws holding it in. I think I'll need to take it to the dealers, and the whole front of the car's going to come out. I may instead just find the fuse to disconnect it until the time comes to trade it in, and they can knock a bit off the price. At least now I can drive without having Kipper or Barney playing!!! Thanks for all the posts.
Get coins out of CD player - FotheringtonThomas
Take it out so that you can tip it up. Don't leave the coins in there, they can jiggle about and short out internal fuses (if you're lucky).
Get coins out of CD player - Ruperts Trooper
The trend for manufacturers fitting model-specific ICE instead of DIN fitments further locks buyers into the manufacturers servicing agents.

I don't see what alternative the OP has to giving his local dealer carte-blanche and paying through the nose.

When you got it fixed, chop the lad's hands off to stop him doing it again.
Get coins out of CD player - rtj70
If it's any way similar to a Mazda6 (I know totally different cars) the centre console needs to come out with the radio. And to get at bolts ashtray and hidden bolt accessed via glovebox need to be removed.

I would think this needs to be taken out but main dealer will be expensive. How about an audio or mobile phone kit fitter? They would have to know how to get the radio out to fit a new one or wire in a premium car kit via the radio wiring loom. Might be cheaper than you think.

The noise of the coins moving about would get to me and I'd worry about the damage.
You never said what model year. If it's like the one here...

www.carstereoremoval.com/htm/stereoremovalChrysler...m

Then a guide is available. Found with a first google. Sure you'll find a guide online for free. For the Mazda6 I even found a how to do it video! But since realised on RHD cars you can fit the iPod link by sticking your hand through glovebox and not removing anything ;-)
Get coins out of CD player - Another John H
It might be worth trying BB's suggestion, as if the coin(s) are recent UK "copper" coins they are copper plated/coated _steel_ blanks, and respond to magnets.
I'd assumed from his online name and driving a Chrysler Pacifica that he's in the USA...

Cannot comment on magnetic properties of the USA currency but I know they are thinking of using cheaper metal now it's worth nowt.