'97 2.1TD removing clock. - cholin
To remove the clock (time device as opposed to speedo!) Mr Haynes advises a screwdriver behind the bezel and gently levering. He even shows a picture to prove it can be done. I have levered away until I am either blue in the face or my nerve fails me. Usually the latter as I don't want to damage anything.
If anyone has done this and can advise me I would be grateful. The car is a P reg.

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 20/10/2007 at 13:03

'97 2.1TD removing clock. - gsb
I removed mine a couple of years ago using two small screwdrivers for even leverage and had the same concerns as you. Unfortunately not carefully enough as the clip holding the unit in broke. However this is not a problem as the clock just pushes back in and it has never comes loose. I just had a quick look (it comes out easily now with one small screwdriver. ha ha smiley icon ) to see what position the clip was in but for the life of me I can't see where it came from so I can't tell you where to lever, sorry. From memory I think I used a thin piece of padding between the surround and the screwdriver to prevent any damage to the facia. Hope this helps a bit.
'97 2.1TD removing clock. - cholin
It helps a lot, gives me a bit more confidence. Thank you for replying. Cheers.