RAC "Great Car Cover Up"- HELP!! - NickS
Hi Folks,

I have just been informed that I have won a car through the RAC's "Great car cover up", a competiton they ran to promote their vehicle check service. There are 3 cars under covers, ones a Porsche (presuming Boxster), ones a 'headturner' and one is a complete dud (which you dont actually win). Ive won car A, and I go to pick it up on Wednesday- If you fancy speculating about what it might be- visit www.thegreatcarcoverup.com then let me know, the suspense is killing me!! Im fairly sure car C is the Porsche, so naturally a lot of my eggs are in the 'Headturner basket"

Thanks guys!
RAC - PoloGirl
Ooh well done!

I reckon B is the dud, and the one you've won is some kind of Ford. Unless it's come kind elaborate double bluff in which the only car with a decent history will be the rubbish one, and the porsche is stolen ;-)

Edited by PoloGirl on 12/10/2007 at 19:48

RAC "Great Car Cover Up"- HELP!! - Pugugly {P}
Lucky man !! No guesses from me, but one looks suspiciously like a Vauxhall Astra or a Fabia.
RAC - henry k
Lucky man !! No guesses from me but one looks suspiciously like a Vauxhall Astra or a Fabia.

You missed out the colour ;-)

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 23/10/2007 at 20:19

RAC "Great Car Cover Up"- HELP!! - billy25
The Comp site is actually dead until 22/10/07 when it apparently re-opens, to announce the winers?

lucky you anyway! bet its A car ! ;0)
RAC - NickS
The site is still open to view the cars, just the competiton is closed. I had my heart set on the Porsche but would be equally happy with something else (although chances are ill sell it as I have only just got my Golf V6 4Motion!). The filming over the unveiling is next wed (17th) and it goes on the website on the 22nd.

What car would constitute a 'head turner' do you think?

Edited by NickS on 12/10/2007 at 19:50

RAC - billy25
>>Great Car Cover Up"- HELP!! <<
exactly! using above link me cant seem to find my way in to site to see the car shapes! ;( all i get is the red "comp closed " screen!
RAC - billy25
Silly me! needed to change screen resolutions see full screen ;-) then saw "enter" button.

c = porshe
a = rover 75
b = dud

not much of a comp with 2 duds as prizes! :-)
RAC - Armitage Shanks {p}
A Sassyong? Rhodius is a head turner, people to turn away to throw up! I am sure you will do better than that.
RAC "Great Car Cover Up"- HELP!! - madf
If you don't like what you win, I'll take it off your hands..

Oops did I say congratulations on winning a dud:-)
madf
Ha ha, im certainly not getting my hopes up!! Billy- at the bottom of the red/orange box box is an 'enter site' button, click on that, and Roberts your fathers brother!
Ha figured it the Headturner is a Skoda Fabia Cake !
I quote "the head turner and the convertible can be driven away on the day"- Imagine a Fabia cake that I could munch on, whilst i drove back along the A12! My mum always says ill eat her out of house and home, but the car, ridiculous!
RAC "Great Car Cover Up"- HELP!! - JamesH
Well done. C does look very much like a Boxster, while A looks a bit like a supermini from its rear shape. Perhaps a Fiesta or Corsa, but an ST or VXR respectively to be a headturner. Will be a very nice prize to win and you could always sell it to buy soemthing else if it's not your cup of tea.

From some of the shots on the website, car B seems to be missing its doors or at least its windows. My vote goes for that being a dud, for being a burnt out shell.
RAC "Great Car Cover Up"- HELP!! - bell boy
hope the cars good but got bored looking at the site

RAC "Great Car Cover Up"- HELP!! - BobbyG
Nick, well how do you get on?
--
2007 Seat Altea XL 2.0 TDI (140) Stylance
2005 Skoda Fabia vrS
RAC "Great Car Cover Up"- HELP!! - PoloGirl
According to the website, the big reveal is at 4pm on the 23rd
RAC "Great Car Cover Up"- HELP!! - jacks
So - Nick won a pink and black striped 55 plate Astra.

certainly was a headturner (and stomach turner as well!)

I wonder how much a full respray will cost him?

I hope "overwhelmed of Barnstable" enjoys the Porsche!!

J
RAC "Great Car Cover Up"- HELP!! - ablandy
oh dear, its a bit of a shocker.

but on the bright side, it might be a vinyl wrap - would imagine that would be easier to get that effect than painting it!

Imagine trying to explain the colour to the insurance co.

well done nick a pink astra,better than a smack with a smoked kipper--------enjoy
what a shame the dud car had to be a rover
porsche was nice ,the guy was in shock
Thanks everyone. Said Astra is in fact orange and black tiger stripes, and can be seen turning heads in Ipswich town centre on a regular basis. It will also be on ebay shortly if anybody feels compelled to bid........... The Rover was an actual cut and sht that was picked by a a data check, you could see te weld lines underneath!!
RAC "Great Car Cover Up"- HELP!! - local yokel
So, keep or sell? Think you did quite well, actually - a four year old Boxster could get expensive quickly, from what I hear.
"Lucky man !! No guesses from me, but one looks suspiciously like a Vauxhall Astra or a Fabia."

I thank you. (doffing my cap at Henry K for remembering as well)
RAC "Great Car Cover Up"- HELP!! - PoloGirl
It looks pink to me. ;-) Surely they must have told you what the car was, so that you could insure it to drive it home? Can you not have the wrap taken off and keep it / part ex it, rather than putting it on ebay?

I think I'd have liked to have won the dud, so that I could've had the racing day!

Were all the winners short, or the presenter really tall?
PoloGirl the rac is owned by hpi is owned by norwich union is owned by aviva i dont think an insurance policy to get nick home would be a problem :-)
RAC - Pugugly {P}
Nick,

Just watched the clip. Nice to see something that is known to be genuine. Congratulations, and nice to actually "know" someone who won something. At least you'll make some money out of it. (Let us know the e-bay number by the way!) and the guy who won the Boxster....well impressed and £10000 to BRAKE - I know someone who has just gone to work for them. Brill.

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 23/10/2007 at 22:04

RAC "Great Car Cover Up"- HELP!! - jpearce
Hey! It was my dad who won the porsche! Just looking around to try and find the link for the reveal again as I lost the vid and his face was a picture. The car was sold after he played with it for a few months!