Engine Swap? Pug 306 1.9 diesel into a Pug 205 1.1 - bigdave1
Is it posible to fit a 1.9 diesel engine from a 306 into a 205 1.1 i know its alot of work but i want a chalenge!
s

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 15/10/2007 at 11:05

Engine Swap? Pug 306 1.9 diesel into a Pug 205 1.1 - DL
It's never, ever worth the considerable effort, surely?

Plus it would be seen by the insurers as a modified vehicle = £££'s
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words.....
Engine Swap? Pug 306 1.9 diesel into a Pug 205 1.1 - blue_haddock
Yes it will fit however the work involved will be stupid - we're talking a ful subframe swap, different brakes, fuel lines etc. Much simpler to buy a diesel 205.
Engine Swap? Pug 306 1.9 diesel into a Pug 205 1.1 - Armitage Shanks {p}
Just guessing - adjustment to front suspension to allow for extra weight of diesel engine?
Engine Swap? Pug 306 1.9 diesel into a Pug 205 1.1 - Group B
There was a magazine feature a few months ago where a bloke has fitted a 1.9 TD engine from a Xantia into a 205 TD. But he also had a crash damaged 205 GTi from which he used the better brakes and suspension.
He modified the engine massively, sounds like he put in a lot of hard work and spent a lot of money too.

There is a reference to the following website: www.frenchsportsclub.com , you might be able to find out more there, cant get much info on that site without registering.
(Its a red J-reg 205 that looks like a GTi).

Rich.
Engine Swap? Pug 306 1.9 diesel into a Pug 205 1.1 - blue_haddock
ich - if he had a 205 GTi as a base it would be a lot simpler - the 1.1 engine is a TU series and the GTi and diesel are both XU so use the same subframe and mounts..

My old 205 STDT had a 1.8TD engine in it but with the full GTi kit on it. Brakes and suspension were the same as the 1.6 GTi. The benefit of using a xantia engine is the inlet manifold is slightly different as it has a front mounted intercooler which is what the boys going for big BHP prefer so you need to do less fiddling than with one out of a pug with a top mount intercooler.
Engine Swap? Pug 306 1.9 diesel into a Pug 205 1.1 - 205stdt
Hi

I have a L reg 1.8 stdt with 270000 on the clock and was considering boring it out to 1.9 and fitting a charge air cooler.

Can you drop me an email to go over this please

cheers
john

ps what do you mean by....the full GTi kit on it? my stdt is basicaly a diesel gti, ie same suspension (although not lowered) and body

email to john_archibald@hotmail.co.uk
Engine Swap? Pug 306 1.9 diesel into a Pug 205 1.1 - piston power
Those posts are two years old now.