Using wipers causes misfire - none
1992 1.2i Nova. Bog standard and original, no extra wiring. Drives perfectly until the wipers are used.
The wipers work Ok in any mode, full speed to single wipe and wash / wipe. The problem is when the single wipe is selected, the engine stops a split second after the wipers park. When driving it feels like a misfire, and the engine management light comes on, then the engine restarts and everythings fine, when idling, the engine stops but restarts straight away. I've had a quick look at earths and fuses but can't see anything amiss. Any clues ?
s

Using wipers causes misfire - Peter D
This sounds like a faulty earth either the at the wiper supply or even the ECU ir crank sensor. I would check all the wiper connections first. Regards Peter
Using wipers causes misfire - Number_Cruncher
Couple of things spring to mind, although I'm relying on ancient memories!

1) Have a quick look at the screw which hold the wiper motor down - IIRC, one of them is the earth path, and the screw itself can sometimes fracture. All appears well until you put a screwdriver on to give it a tweak.

2) What happens when you switch on any other consumers which rely on the ignition output of the ignition switch. These switches have always been a bit marginal

3) If the engine management light is coming on, see if you can get a code out - although I would suspect it to be a supply voltage high or low fault code.

Number_Cruncher
Using wipers causes misfire - elekie&a/c doctor
Interestingly Cavaliers from the 1980s used to suffer with this fault as the electronic ignition unit shared its earth with the wiper motor(under fixing screw).Check the earth wire to the efi relay (brown colour)which if I recall is clipped to the bulkhead ,near wiper motor.hth
Using wipers causes misfire - Screwloose
none

OK; that's officially weird - even for a Vauxhall.

There were a lot of different fuelling systems fitted to a Nove at this time - everything was changed to accomodate cats coming in.

Can you have a look at the extreme front of the block and find the engine code - there's about 5 on that year; but C12NZ will be the most likely.

Have a look in the driver's side kick-panel for a corroded earth point - and [as NC has said] have a sniff of the ignition switch.
Using wipers causes misfire - none
Thanks for the info. I suspected a bad earth, or maybe a poor fuse connection.
At least I know where to start digging about in the earth area now.
Using wipers causes misfire - bell boy
putting the wipers on in the morecambe and wise film made the car go faster,does this not work on novas then?
Using wipers causes misfire - bathtub tom
Bit of divergent thinking here:

If the misfire occurs only when the wipers are switched on, are we saying the misfire only occurs when it's raining?
Could it be an intermittent HT problem when it's wet? I once drove a Nova like that!