GM & Comma Engine Oil - LinuxGeek
My local car parts shop sells mainly GM and Comma engine oil and other products for these two brands. I just would like to know how good or bad the engine oil is and other products if you've any experience of them? Are there engine oil of good quality and safe enough to use in diesel cars in particular as long as they meet the viscosity and grading (like CD, CF etc..) requirements?
GM & Comma Engine Oil - 659FBE
If you are buying oil for a VW PD type diesel, check the oil specifications very carefully. Any VW diesel built fot the Euro market after 2000 will be a PD.

Oil to VAG specification 505.01 is needed for fixed service intervals and oil to 506.01 or 507.00 for variable. Mistakes will be expensive.

GM & Comma Engine Oil - LinuxGeek
I was mainly asking with regards to TD engines, not specifically about VW but any TD or petrol engines.
I know newer PD and common rail diesels wouldn't probably like these oils too much!
GM & Comma Engine Oil - Dynamic Dave
GM's 'own brand' engine oil is very good, but not sure if it's suitable for your engine or not. You'll have to consult your handbook for the specs to see if they compare.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=54952
GM & Comma Engine Oil - gsb
Sorry to but in this thread, I've recently bought a 99 petrol 1.4 polo. Would the Comma 10-40 semi- synthetic be ok for this. I think I read on HJ some while ago that Halfords oil is Comma. Does anyone know if thats true. Thanks
GM & Comma Engine Oil - Pugugly {P}
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=i&t=95...4

May help
GM & Comma Engine Oil - Roly93
Comma do make a VaG longlife 504/507 spec oil for PD engines, I have a bottle.
GM & Comma Engine Oil - TurboD
I had a VW TD van that needed 505. I changed it , and the filter to the correct spec, religiously at 5000 mile intervals and it still was worn out at 100K.
So does it matter?, it will wear out , use the oil specified in the handbook and the interval, but sell the car before it wears out.
GM & Comma Engine Oil - hussarman
I have used Comma engine oils for the past twenty years and have no complaints. I currently run a Skoda Octavia (VW engine) and still use Comma.
May I suggest you go to the Comma Oils website and check out an engine oil that meets the VW specification.