spare tyre is a different size - slowdown avenue
spare tyre is 155x65x14. others are 165x60x14 ineed to new front tyres. what i would normaly do is buy one and pair with spare. so do iput the 155 on the front or the back?
this is a VAUXHALL agila . might as well make the spare tyre on optional extra. this is just a nonsence
spare tyre is a different size - JohnPug
I would leave the 155 as the spare, and just buy 2 new 165's.
spare tyre is a different size - GregSwain
Me too - it's a narrow tyre to save space (saves them having to use one of those awful "pram-wheels"). It'll alter the handling, and your 165 tyres aren't too expensive to replace (£48 each fully-fitted for Avons on tyre-shopper.co.uk which is National Tyres AFAIK).
spare tyre is a different size - slowdown avenue
its crazy that ,the the 165 tyre fits the well ok. so when i do get a puncture i have to drive on odd tyres, i just fail to see the point in this penny pinching , the spare tyre really only nee.ds to be on old trye thats the point
spare tyre is a different size - Chicken Vindaloo
You're lucky to have a spare tyre - SWMBO's new C Max has a big hole where the spare tyre should go and a tyre inflator instead. Just what you need after a blowout.
spare tyre is a different size - BobbyG
I remember taking my Citroen ZX back to dealer when I realised that the spare was a different size to the other wheels and they changed the tyre over. It was only several months later when I had reason to read the manual I realised that it was supposed to be a different size!!
--
2007 Seat Altea XL 2.0 TDI (140) Stylance
2005 Skoda Fabia vrS
spare tyre is a different size - ijws15
Most are these days! No warning in the book though.