2.0td engines (Primera1 and Almera1) - any good ? - LinuxGeek
I just would like to know if Nissan 2.0TD engines which they've in Primeras or first generation Almera are any good and what sorts of MPG do they return? Thanks
s
2.0td engines (Primera1 and Almera1) - any good ? - RichardW
I had a 2001 Primera Diesel for a pool car for a while. Now, I'm a diesel fan, but this was noisy, rough and gutless - and to compound it, only returned 40mpg. Horrible, horrible thing.
--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
2.0td engines (Primera1 and Almera1) - any good ? - jase1
The only real thing these engines have going for them is the longevity. They'll outlast the car itself 5 or 6 times over if properly serviced. Same engines as in London cabs. Half a million miles routine.

Hence why they were run as minicabs.

Otherwise, buy the petrols. They're nearly as economical (once you factor in the few pence less per litre on the fuel), and much nicer to drive.

Later dCi diesels are unreliable. Hence Primera no longer used as minicabs.
2.0td engines (Primera1 and Almera1) - any good ? - Chris White
Agree with jase1.

The 1.6 Primera is just about as economical as the diesel and at the end of the market you'll be looking at (Primera1 and Almera1 age), you'll find it a lot easier to find a decent petrol Primera than a diesel.

Example in Autotrader, 1994 M Mk1 Primera 1.6 67k miles, MoT December £379 or a similar Mk2 1.6 for a few hundred pounds more.

Chris

2.0td engines (Primera1 and Almera1) - any good ? - v0n
The only real thing these engines have going for them is the longevity. They'll outlast
the car itself 5 or 6 times over if properly serviced. Same engines as in
London cabs. Half a million miles routine.

TD27 engines in Fairway cabs were dating back to D21 Datsun pickups and Cabstar flatbeds and had relatively little to do with CD20 engines in Primeras and Almeras. But it has to be said, despite their slow, unrefined, hatefully loud and old school characteristics, they also refuse to die and are capable of intergalactic mileages...
--------------------
[Nissan 2.2 dCi are NOT Renault engines. Grrr...]
2.0td engines (Primera1 and Almera1) - any good ? - LinuxGeek
I think I'll avoid them. My main reason for looking for a diesel option is economy and if its as economical as petrol then I'll opt for petrol one.